Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kaiken
Friend
Friend
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Location: Planet Earth, hopefully

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kaiken » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 pm

This is TLW style... Anyone know what that is? A new gaiden? New TLW volume? Some special edition? Some reprint?
Image
:FLY:
Image Image
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :yamato: :madara: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :smith: :jerome: :gdwjohn: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama:
Image
YAMATO4EVER

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 pm

^That's the most recent edition of Ginga Densetsu Riki. It came out a year or two ago.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Kaiken
Friend
Friend
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Location: Planet Earth, hopefully

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kaiken » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 pm
^That's the most recent edition of Ginga Densetsu Riki. It came out a year or two ago.
Oooh, interesting. So Gin is there for no reason, then? xD
:FLY:
Image Image
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :yamato: :madara: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :smith: :jerome: :gdwjohn: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama:
Image
YAMATO4EVER

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Kaiken wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:24 pm
Digsu wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 pm
^That's the most recent edition of Ginga Densetsu Riki. It came out a year or two ago.
Oooh, interesting. So Gin is there for no reason, then? xD
Pretty much, yeah. The back cover even shows an adolescent Gin next to an adolescent Riki and a still-living Shiro.

Image



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Platina
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1778
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:06 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Platina » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:38 pm
Kaiken wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:24 pm
Digsu wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 pm
^That's the most recent edition of Ginga Densetsu Riki. It came out a year or two ago.
Oooh, interesting. So Gin is there for no reason, then? xD
Pretty much, yeah. The back cover even shows an adolescent Gin next to an adolescent Riki and a still-living Shiro.

Image
That makes it look like Gin and Riki are siblings (Gin being the youngest) and Shiro is their father! :OUT:
Banner by me.

Image

User avatar
Shiruba
Legend
Legend
Posts: 1286
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:02 pm
Location: Grimsby, England

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shiruba » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

As strange as that back cover is I actually like it :3
RIP Charlie. A happy-go-lucky sprocker spaniel with a heart of gold. 2007 - May 2016
RIP Jack. Indeed a Springer to the very end. Good luck, buddy. We'll miss you. 2006 - November 2016
Image
Image
Banner by Tikikata :D

User avatar
FDQ
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by FDQ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:53 am

Shiruba wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm
As strange as that back cover is I actually like it :3
Me too. I just think it's sad Shiro was changed to pure white. I really liked his slate grey color
Image

Image

User avatar
Tsukitora
Potential
Potential
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Location: Central U.S.

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tsukitora » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 am

Any word on when you guys will be able to get more chapters scan-lated? I'm pretty sure there's still a few in vol 20 we haven't gotten done yet, unless they just weren't announced here.. XD
Image

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13646
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tora » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 am

FDQ wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:53 am
Shiruba wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm
As strange as that back cover is I actually like it :3
Me too. I just think it's sad Shiro was changed to pure white. I really liked his slate grey color
And I liked his faint red colour. As besides his apperance in GNG first chapter, we'd never had him in coloured manga pic before. Only animae did him grey, as well as Hakuro brown with blue nose. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
FDQ
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by FDQ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Tsukitora wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 am
Any word on when you guys will be able to get more chapters scan-lated? I'm pretty sure there's still a few in vol 20 we haven't gotten done yet, unless they just weren't announced here.. XD
I know, I'm supposed to scan them, but I've just been a bit lazy these past two weeks. Maybe I can scan another chapter later tonight
Image

Image

User avatar
FDQ
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by FDQ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Here's chapter 159 scanned. Only chapter 160 left in volume 20 now. I'll try to scan it maybe Wednesday

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B1crf ... UCilXg_wHb
Image

Image

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7035
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Arano » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:47 pm

FDQ wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Here's chapter 159 scanned. Only chapter 160 left in volume 20 now. I'll try to scan it maybe Wednesday

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B1crf ... UCilXg_wHb
Orion flopping onto poor Andy: :FLY:

Thank you FDQ!

User avatar
FDQ
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by FDQ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Arano wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:47 pm
FDQ wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm
Here's chapter 159 scanned. Only chapter 160 left in volume 20 now. I'll try to scan it maybe Wednesday

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B1crf ... UCilXg_wHb
Orion flopping onto poor Andy: :FLY:

Thank you FDQ!
I love Bon's face when he does that XD
Image

Image

User avatar
Limonzy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:49 am

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Limonzy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Sasuke was talking a LOT in that chapter! XD
Wonder what he said since he got a lot of mixed reactions haha!
And Orion acting friendly with his besties~ It's been a long long time since we last saw that.

That is actually one thing I miss from GDW and GDW:O. They had more moments with the cast just being happy and interacting with each other. The tensions have been high in TLW the whole time.. most of the time the dogs are arguing with each other.

User avatar
fantachan
Translator
Translator
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:15 pm
Location: Not near you

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by fantachan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 am

Here's chapter 159.
https://fantasscans.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... r-159.html

Damn, this chapter was boring to translate...

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Digsu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:54 am

"It's really embarrassing for me as a parent..."

Seriously, WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO WEED? :P4:

I'm sure that by now everybody knows how much I dislike Sirius but Sasuke being the only character who's even a little bit worried about him, while everyone else is either indifferent or outright against him, feels a bit odd.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Kasi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4928
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Kasi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:23 am

"It's really embarrassing for me as a parent..." XD XD XD
Oh Weed.

If it weren't for Sasuke's poop jokes, I actually really like him as a character.
We really didn't get anything new much from this chapter though, just re-stating the goals of Sirius and Orion once again.

Thanks Fanta!
Image
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

User avatar
YamaDora
Potential
Potential
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by YamaDora » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you Fanta!

That image of Monsoon staring at the dogs in dark is really cool in my opinion.

User avatar
Dragon
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 798
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Nohr
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Dragon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 am

I forgot about this chapter. For it to focus so hard on 'veterans crying at this being their last day', it's SUCH a cop out that none of them died in the end.
Also
>'the hot-blooded youth didn't cry, especially Orion!'
>only shows Orion and George as the only ones not crying
Are you calling George youthful, Yoshi LOOL

And then that end. wtf Orion LOL they were relying on you
Image
Image

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13646
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tora » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:59 am

Even boring, it's a nice chapter building up. XD

And oh Weed, now you're trully grown to an adult! Just like you spared dogs in your youth when it probably would be goo idea, Sirius is trying with Monsoon on the same way. Just a different spices that none of you want to be with. Exept maybe Chibi in future. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”