Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I LOVE that picture of Weed and Gin together :D
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Interestingly Yoshi seems have now decided that Gin is canonically gray instead of blue.

I wonder if it's meant to be a sign of his age or if he's now been retconned into always having been blue when in color.

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Some new pics in this Twitter thread:
https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 62/photo/1
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:40 pm Interestingly Yoshi seems have now decided that Gin is canonically gray instead of blue.

I wonder if it's meant to be a sign of his age or if he's now been retconned into always having been blue when in color.
Well, now he can be a real Silver Fang :D :D (sorry, I didn't sleep much >< )

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 amOrion's way of leading is more similar to Riki, which was the best at commanding. Orion, sure, still has a lot more to grow, but I wouldn't say he's inferior to Weed in terms of leading (commanding) the war.
Aside from Takahashi trying to push the whole "Orion is just like Riki!" thing, they really are not that similar. Riki was way more level-headed than Orion is. It is made very clear that Orion is very brash and doesn't think things through, making him unfit to be a leader. Even Orion himself have stated (twice) that he doesn't want to be a leader.

Weed as a leader is indeed very charismatic, and in the Russian arc in GDW he was able to collect an army of 1000 (pet) dogs with his charisma. I don't think that many dogs would follow some hot-headed brat who constantly yells "KILL KILL KILL".

Both Orion and Riki are more aggressive and ready to kill the enemy, once needed, while Gin and Weed are more about justice and peace. Gin didn't want to kill Kurojaki, who was a CANNIBAL. Both Riki and Orion probably would have killed him. That's how they're similar.
Orion is still a child, so of course he wouldn't be as level-headed and serious as experienced adult dog with concussion and/or other severe head trauma.
Sure Orion's slightly hot-headed, but he's not really a brat.
Weed also said that he doesn't want to be a leader, and he (unlike Orion) was really serious about it.

Come to think of it, every Ohu leader so far has been brimming with charisma. Except for Weed's sons that is.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Doragon wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:00 pm Some new pics in this Twitter thread:
Well, this is strange. In the first book, Gin looks really blue but now he'a been grayed in the newer picture. Smart move, I just wish it was consistently that way xD

Anyways, thanks SO much Fanta! I liked seeing Chibi show his fighting spirit. It was cute and noble of him to save Sirius. I wonder if him being related to Monsoon will actually matter... like will Monsoon see himself in Chibi and change? Hm...
Sirius barely had an excuse when Monsoon questioned him... did he really try betraying him or just sucks at standing up for himself? lol;;

Edit: @Kaiken
What confused me about Orion being like Riki is... we know Riki's childhood. He hated fights and injustice. He only got stronger to stop further fights. When Riki faced John, a dog who intended to take over his whole pack, Riki knocked him down in one hit to show he didn't want to fight to kill, but to persuade. Riki never killed Sniper despite his bad behavior being apparent. He didn't like to be disrespected by his subordinates, but he never seemed the type to kill just to kill. Charismatic but a more formal leader than Gin and Weed. Orion on the other hand.. has a lot of work to do to reach that level. When he threatened Jerome with the bamboo stick, he may have spared him but still seemed genuine with his anger. I just really wish Yoshi would drop the "you act like the dog you look like" because it's been pretty weak for a while (even young gin vs young weed honestly)
Last edited by Dragon on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm Both Orion and Riki are more aggressive and ready to kill the enemy, once needed, while Gin and Weed are more about justice and peace. Gin didn't want to kill Kurojaki, who was a CANNIBAL. Both Riki and Orion probably would have killed him. That's how they're similar.
How are you so sure? There is very little we know about Riki's character, and in GNG it really shows that he and Gin think very alike (they both even came up with the same plan to attack Akakabuto's "fortress" from behind).
And from what we know, Riki is not aggressive at all.
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pmSure Orion's slightly hot-headed, but he's not really a brat.
He is always the first to attack, often just runs off to fight with the enemy against the orders and he barely listens anyone. And he's always, always trying to kill his enemies, no matter what the situation is. He's not just slightly hot-headed, that is his very definiting characteristic.
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pmWeed also said that he doesn't want to be a leader, and he (unlike Orion) was really serious about it.
I've read the manga through many, many times and I don't remember a point where Weed had denied completely his leadership. Sure, there might've been something like "You're our boss Weed" "Wait me? I can't be a leader!" "You're Gin's son and Gin is not here so you're the symbol of the paradise and our leader" and they just rolled with it.
Meanwhile, Orion have outright denied (twice) that he would become the next leader of Ohu.
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

I think that exchange between Monsoon and Sirius is one of the more interesting ones in this series. I really like the fact that Monsoon is portrayed as being a product of what happened to him, as opposed to just one-dimensional evil. It doesn't excuse what he did at all, but it's interesting.

That was really revealing about Sirius as well. I actually respect what he's trying to do, but I feel like he's going about it in the wrong way. He's still kind of naïve that he can just change people's minds that easily about a grudge that deep (and he's still stubborn as all hell), but I sort of like what he's trying to do. Ironically though, how he's going about all of it is actually pushing away all the people he's trying to save (i.e. his family and friends).

Thanks for the chapter, Fanta, and congrats on the job!
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

You know what Gin's colour reminds me of? Tom and Jerry. I could never figure out if Tom was meant to be grey or blue since he seems to change with each series, just like what Gin is doing.

That back cover is lovely, I'm glad that Gin and Weed are slightly different in colour as opposed to the same fur they had back in GDW.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Whenever the character is portrayed blue it just means light silvery gray. There's even dog breed ''kerry blue terrier'', because they're light gray with silvery shimmer on sunlight.

Doragon wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 pm
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm Both Orion and Riki are more aggressive and ready to kill the enemy, once needed, while Gin and Weed are more about justice and peace. Gin didn't want to kill Kurojaki, who was a CANNIBAL. Both Riki and Orion probably would have killed him. That's how they're similar.
How are you so sure? There is very little we know about Riki's character, and in GNG it really shows that he and Gin think very alike (they both even came up with the same plan to attack Akakabuto's "fortress" from behind).
And from what we know, Riki is not aggressive at all.
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pmSure Orion's slightly hot-headed, but he's not really a brat.
He is always the first to attack, often just runs off to fight with the enemy against the orders and he barely listens anyone. And he's always, always trying to kill his enemies, no matter what the situation is. He's not just slightly hot-headed, that is his very definiting characteristic.
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pmWeed also said that he doesn't want to be a leader, and he (unlike Orion) was really serious about it.
I've read the manga through many, many times and I don't remember a point where Weed had denied completely his leadership. Sure, there might've been something like "You're our boss Weed" "Wait me? I can't be a leader!" "You're Gin's son and Gin is not here so you're the symbol of the paradise and our leader" and they just rolled with it.
Meanwhile, Orion have outright denied (twice) that he would become the next leader of Ohu.

Riki has always left on the impression as that one strong, tough military commander. Similar to that colonel Miles (?) guy from avatar (the one who was running around in robot suit). Even scars match.

Yeah, probably just a bad wording for me. Well, excuse me, but I'm not native to english language. and nobody even taught it to me.
Of course it's Orion's character, but that doesn't make him a brat.

He completely denied it before leaving Akame at Ohu and departing with Jerome. There was night, moon and stuff and he got really surprised that anyone even sees him as leader, to which he replied with complete denial. :KRUMP:
Orion's denial means nothing. It's just (false) modesty.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Most of these pictures are pointing out inconsistencies and kanji changes from magazine to manga versions. I don't understand why they don't doublecheck those changes when they publish them in the magazine versions. Are they really that pressed for time?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 pm He completely denied it before leaving Akame at Ohu and departing with Jerome. There was night, moon and stuff and he got really surprised that anyone even sees him as leader, to which he replied with complete denial. :KRUMP:
Orion's denial means nothing. It's just (false) modesty.
First off, that scene wasn't in the manga, thus it can't be considered canon outside the GDW anime universe.

Second off, Weed was denying being leader right now, which makes sense; Supreme Commander's son or not, he's still just a puppy. Orion has denied wanting to become the leader at all, even when he's all grown up and more experienced.

Finally, why on earth would Orion deny wanting to be leader just for modesty's sake, genuine or not? He's such a hot-headed braggart that I'm not sure he even knows what modesty is.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

fantachan wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Most of these pictures are pointing out inconsistencies and kanji changes from magazine to manga versions. I don't understand why they don't doublecheck those changes when they publish them in the magazine versions. Are they really that pressed for time?
What sort of changes do these kanji swaps cause? o.o

Edit: Yeah I agree with Disgu. Orion I think genuinely meant not being a leader, now or ever. Orion is aware of his behavior and his nature. He can't keep still or be stopped. He's a hunter, a fighter, not a leader. I think if he had the choice of leading an army and fighting alone, he'd definitely fight alone. Not because of wanting to keep the others safe, but because his hotbloodedness so he doesn't have to think strategically.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Nah, he was just being polite, false modest - whatever it's called in english.
There is no one else to be leader, except for Orion. He's the only one, unless someone else outside the hero bloodline steps up.
Favorites:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:29 pm Nah, he was just being polite, false modest - whatever it's called in english.
There is no one else to be leader, except for Orion. He's the only one, unless someone else outside the hero bloodline steps up.
I still don't understand why Orion would deny wanting to be leader out of politeness. Like I said, he's probably the least modest dog the main bearhound line has ever had, but he's also very sincere about his emotions. It just would be very out of character for him to lie about the matter.

fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Dragon wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:56 pm
fantachan wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:48 pm
What sort of changes do these kanji swaps cause? o.o
In those pictures, not much really, but the wrong kanji swap could change the meaning of a word entirely.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:39 pm
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:29 pm Nah, he was just being polite, false modest - whatever it's called in english.
I still don't understand why Orion would deny wanting to be leader out of politeness. Like I said, he's probably the least modest dog the main bearhound line has ever had, but he's also very sincere about his emotions. It just would be very out of character for him to lie about the matter.
I meant false modesty. Just pretending to be modest...
I have no idea for what purpose, it does seem weird.
Favorites:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm
Again, why would he even pretend being modest? Like I said, Orion tends to be a very sincere guy, even if it means being outright rude to others.

If you don't know yourself, then why are you arguing that he's lying about the whole "I don't want to be leader" thing and not being honest?

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:37 pm
Kaiken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Again, why would he even pretend being modest? Like I said, Orion tends to be a very sincere guy, even if it means being outright rude to others.

If you don't know yourself, then why are you arguing that he's lying about the whole "I don't want to be leader" thing and not being honest?

Orion actually not wanting to be leader and saying it like that is way more Out of character, than him being polite.
Besides, every leader ALWAYS say they don't want to be leader. Both in fiction and reality, so if someone (not over enthusiastically) says ''ah, nah, I don't wanna be leader'' they most certainly do! It's psychology.
Favorites:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 amOrion actually not wanting to be leader and saying it like that is way more Out of character, than him being polite.
Besides, every leader ALWAYS say they don't want to be leader. Both in fiction and reality, so if someone (not over enthusiastically) says ''ah, nah, I don't wanna be leader'' they most certainly do! It's psychology.
These are pretty bold assumptions you have, without any strong evidence from the manga. All we have is not one, but two actual instances where Orion says that he is not going to be the next leader of Ohu. It's not faking or anything, there's no deeper psychology behind it (this is Takahashi, after all). He is just not a leader type of character.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”