Characters Due Lifespan

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Starstriker-K9

Characters Due Lifespan

Post by Starstriker-K9 »

Yoshi loves to break the laws of physics : )
and did i forget to mention SOME OF THE CHARACTERS LIVE PAST THEIR BREED’S LIFESPAN AND THEY’RE (were) STILL HEALTY?
:ben: For example; Ben is a Great Dane as we all know. Great Danes live up to 8-10 years. Ben was 22. He could have been living for 140.
:akame: Akame could have been living for 140 years too.
1 Year for a dog = 7 Years
Female Dogs live 2 or 3 more years from their Breed’s lifespan (as male)
Chihuahuas can live longer than any other dog ‘cause the smaller the dog = larger the life and Larger the dog = smaller the life
It’s very questionable if this was in real life but again this is a fictional series.
• 犬子犬 · ᵏ⁹
i am Inukoinu!
she · they | feral gay loser | p5 nerd

ImageImage
𓃦 carrd
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Characters Due Lifespan

Post by Kasi »

There is also the Koga Elder who died at age 31 XD
Meanwhile others like Kenshin are known to be ''older'' in the series, and he was actually a more realistic age of 12.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

My theory is that dogs in the Gingaverse live roughly twice as long as dogs in the real world do. A Great Dane dying of old age in its early teens rather than early twenties makes a lot more sense, as does a healthy spitz type dog living to be 15+ years old rather than 31.

Also the "One dog year = seven humans years" is an old myth and the reality is a bit more complex than that.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

plot twist: the timeskip between GNG and GDW was 14 "dog years", not 14 human years. Daisuke just grows abnormally fast.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Don't forget that characters like George, Ken, Tesshin and all the others in that age range should logically be oldies by now but they're STILL depicted as young dogs.

Logic is overrated.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:35 am Don't forget that characters like George, Ken, Tesshin and all the others in that age range should logically be oldies by now but they're STILL depicted as young dogs.

Logic is overrated.
"Young master!"
Stop it, Tesshin is 15!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:35 am Don't forget that characters like George, Ken, Tesshin and all the others in that age range should logically be oldies by now but they're STILL depicted as young dogs.

Logic is overrated.
"Young master!"
Stop it, Tesshin is 15!
To be fair, the Elder is the only one who calls him that. From his point of view, Tesshin probably does seem pretty young :EMPTY:

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Logic is overrated.
"Young master!"
Stop it, Tesshin is 15!
To be fair, the Elder is the only one who calls him that. From his point of view, Tesshin probably does seem pretty young :EMPTY:
Dont Tsukikage and Toshimitsu also refer to him as that? :THOT: Maybe I'm not remembering properly. Though we don't know either of their ages so.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Wolpard wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:32 pm
Digsu wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:26 pm

"Young master!"
Stop it, Tesshin is 15!
Dont Tsukikage and Toshimitsu also refer to him as that? :THOT: Maybe I'm not remembering properly. Though we don't know either of their ages so.
Yeah I recall them calling him Young Master, too. Also Unsai calling George a youngster.
icon by azzai
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

Wolpard wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:30 pm plot twist: the timeskip between GNG and GDW was 14 "dog years", not 14 human years. Daisuke just grows abnormally fast.
I’m actually living for this theory, Daisuke is just in a different universe 😂

The oldest Kai Ken I know of was Nero, who lived to be just short of 19. He was still very active in old age so maybe I can pretend Kurotora is realistic 😂😂 as for the bigger dogs, there’s no excuse. I know of Great Danes living to 14 but that’s an outlier. Ken should be pushing up daisies too! I was certain TLW would end with Gin’s death from old age.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Cross: 8 years by the start of GNG, still alive
Moss: elder by the start of GNG, dies late in GDW (at least 15 years after)
Kai brothers: 4 year old at the start of GNG, Kurotora still alive
Gin: 2 year old at the end of GNG
Ben: at least 5 or 6 year old at the start of GNG
Ken, George, Tesshin: 0 at the start of GNG
''Elder'': at least 3 at the start of GNG

Also, no need to look at breed-specific lifespans (I've once known a great dane who did make it to 19 years old!), it gets messy enough when you look at any dog maximum possible lifespans!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Realistically speaking, most of the dogs would be dead :derpgin:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”