Unpopular Opinion (Ginga version)

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Re: Unpopular Opinion (Ginga version)

Post by Sandatora »

I don't get why Chibi is so vehemently hated by the fandom when he hasn't done anything wrong yet and despite Sirius's attempts he still refused to forgive Monsoon (Jerome's kids was self defense, and while sparing Crow was exasperating, it's nothing new from Yoshi.) to the point people write comments and fanfics gruesomely killing him, a character still considered to be a child, like it's the author's poorly disguised fetish.

It isn't a crime that he was born a bear or related to Akakabuto (though the latter crappy writing on Yoshi's part), he literally didn't choose to and cannot help his looks, species and relations. "He's associated with Sirius" is a paper thin excuse, plenty of other characters are also associated to him and less hated or even liked. Tesshin was also the son of the enemy and no one cares. It is because they're all dogs?

[I know this will piss off a lot of the fandom, I will not be responding to any replies or debating this. Like yours, this is just my personal opinion xp]

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Sandatora wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:28 pm I don't get why Chibi is so vehemently hated by the fandom when he hasn't done anything wrong yet and despite Sirius's attempts he still refused to forgive Monsoon (Jerome's kids was self defense, and while sparing Crow was exasperating, it's nothing new from Yoshi.) to the point people write comments and fanfics gruesomely killing him, a character still considered to be a child, like it's the author's poorly disguised fetish.

It isn't a crime that he was born a bear or related to Akakabuto (though the latter crappy writing on Yoshi's part), he literally didn't choose to and cannot help his looks, species and relations. "He's associated with Sirius" is a paper thin excuse, plenty of other characters are also associated to him and less hated or even liked. Tesshin was also the son of the enemy and no one cares. It is because they're all dogs?

[I know this will piss off a lot of the fandom, I will not be responding to any replies or debating this. Like yours, this is just my personal opinion xp]
Agreed completely.

I personally really like Chibi! He's really cute and I think it's so cool that we have an actual, good, kind-hearted bear character that's aligned with the Ohu Dogs and not just a big bad villain. I personally wish we got more of Chibi in the series, I would especially like to see more interactions with him and the Ohu Army, as like I previously said we don't really get kind-hearted bear characters, so it has a lot of potential to be interesting!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Gingastar wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:05 pm
Sandatora wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:28 pm I don't get why Chibi is so vehemently hated by the fandom when he hasn't done anything wrong yet and despite Sirius's attempts he still refused to forgive Monsoon (Jerome's kids was self defense, and while sparing Crow was exasperating, it's nothing new from Yoshi.) to the point people write comments and fanfics gruesomely killing him, a character still considered to be a child, like it's the author's poorly disguised fetish.

Agreed completely.

I personally really like Chibi! He's really cute and I think it's so cool that we have an actual, good, kind-hearted bear character that's aligned with the Ohu Dogs and not just a big bad villain. I personally wish we got more of Chibi in the series, I would especially like to see more interactions with him and the Ohu Army, as like I previously said we don't really get kind-hearted bear characters, so it has a lot of potential to be interesting!
I actually think Chibi is one of the only things I tolerate in the new mangas, I absolutely love his personality and the new take the bear cubs have taken in the series so far. I really hope he doesn't get killed off because everything he does make me smile.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

The Aka-ari brothers are officially the dumbest villains in the entire Ginga franchise. They aren't ever worth shit.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

GDN spoiler: Crow’s death was as big a waste as Tama’s. Both instances of one or the other running at the Aka-ari buffoons were pointless in their circumstances, making their deaths needless and half-assed attempts at creating shock value -.-‘

I still firmly believe Tama pretty much just snapped and went sepukku out of his distress and KO’d Kin mainly to eliminate the chance of being saved, however slim it probably would’ve been.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:07 am The Aka-ari brothers are officially the dumbest villains in the entire Ginga franchise. They aren't ever worth shit.
I doubt this is too unpopular opinion. At least here
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Yoshi could add as many female characters as you would like but if he would write them as bland and boring as many of the newer characters it wouldn't add anything to the story
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Chousuke is an interesting and likable character and it was upsetting to see him killed by Beniou/Benishit in GDN.

And I can safely say that, out of all fathers in the Ginga series (with some of them being terrible, awful, and shitty fathers), GB is the best father figure in the entire series. I would also rank Riki as the second best had it not been for his amnesia and then losing the opportunity to spend quality time with his son at the end.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Munechika is not sus to me, just poorly written like the rest of the arc he’s in.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

- Hyena isn't annoying character.

- I prefer kid Daisuke more than adult Daisuke.

- The Finnish dub of GNG isn't actually bad.

- I like GDW anime very much despite its derp moments.

Sorry, just more came to mind XD
Ginga forever! <3
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

A lot of things to get off my chest:
-Masamune and Gaia are the best villains
-Mukonga and Tesshin are the best characters with mohawks
-Blue deserved a second chance
-Hougen shouldn't have killed Genba
-Jet and Missile shouldn't have died
-Gin should be dead He's lived too long
-The Aka-ari brothers should join the Ohu army
-Kaibustu also should've joined the Ohu army
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Weed and Kyoushiro's negative character development makes sense given their characterization and life history, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. If the character development is deliberate, because Kyou idolizes Weed->Weed becomes an abuser->Kyou becomes an abuser, then Yoshi's an evil genius. If not, he ruined one of the best and most thought-provoking characters in Ginga...for what? Some cheap laughs? Look how they massacred our boys.

I still hold some residual fondness for Weed, but the Weed haters are right about him. I just wish he and Kyoushiro had turned out better. They had so much potential.
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Okay, as much as I love Orion, he doesn't deserve to be supreme commander of Ohu. I'd like to see Rigel as supreme commander, but also Bella because I feel like she has the potential. Unfortunately, we don't get to see that because she's just shoved off to the side.

I'd also like to see Gin die, no offense. But he's lived way too long. I also say this for others like Cross and Kurotora. Basically OG characters.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

The battouga was a cool move until it got nerfed in the Wolf Arc because of the other battougas.
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Akame is overrated.
Bro is dog god or something!! He's the Gary Stu of Ginga. I swear he cannot die. I think in The Last Wars Akame lost an eye but later, he suddenly grows it back. Why tf does he get a lot of screentime than most characters.
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

4townie wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:34 am I'd also like to see Gin die, no offense. But he's lived way too long. I also say this for others like Cross and Kurotora. Basically OG characters.
Same, there's no point in keeping these characters around anymore, their stories ended long ago and they've lived way longer than they should. That's why I was relieved when Mistystar finally died in Warriors, she was like 20 years old lol.
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

ZackThePuppy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:06 am
4townie wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:34 am I'd also like to see Gin die, no offense. But he's lived way too long. I also say this for others like Cross and Kurotora. Basically OG characters.
Same, there's no point in keeping these characters around anymore, their stories ended long ago and they've lived way longer than they should. That's why I was relieved when Mistystar finally died in Warriors, she was like 20 years old lol.
Mistystar is the Gin of Warriors :derpgin:

I think Yoshi's just keeping them in there just to keep the series popular. But since the series is (hopefully :derpgin: ) coming to an end, I'm hoping they might be killed off (not that i hate them.)
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I dislike the sexism in Ginga but it doesn't really bother me, actually.
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

I thought TLW was not extremely terrible, I thought it was sorta interesting.
It had some potential.
(Though just cause I found TLW not the worst does not mean it was not irritating at times)
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”