One Step at a Time

Two mountains that reside in inside the Ohu Mountain Range.
User avatar
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am
Location: A Wardrobe

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JiiJoo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:33 pm

"Me? Nah I'm fine, no need to qorry about me old man." Odalys yawned and sat down, he started scratching his ear, showing disintrest In the fact that the old wolf was injured, he wasn't the most compassionate dog around.
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*

User avatar
Nuulo27
Potential
Potential
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Location: Finland

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Nuulo27 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Akame sighed, and turned his head to see the young, very worried male in front of him. After hearing his concern, the Kishu watched Retsuga lick his still bleeding wound. The rain surely didn't help the wound scar.
"I think he will be just fine" the strategist nodded. Once he had evened his breath, he got up and walked back to the entrance of the cave. He heard the "old man", but didn't give any attention to it.
"I'm okay, if you are" Akame told after hearing Retsuga's question. He looked outside, but he saw no signs of the storm getting any easier. Akame was only worried about the other dogs back at Gajou, but he was sure that Gin had taken care of it. Despite that, he was willing to be there to ensure the leader's safety. After looking out for a while, the Kishu turned back to see the males he was now stuck with.
"If the valley starts flooding, we are not safe. If that happens, you will have to do as I say, or our chances to survive come near zero" Akame explained very seriously, and lowered his head.
Image

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Gingastar » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Aki was hardly convinced by Akame and Restuga's reassurance. It wasn't that he didn't believe him, but the young pup was just simply worried for his friend. If Mister Wolf died, he might have to be all alone again...

Aki tried to take his mind off of it, looking back at Mister Akame as he spoke about the valley flooding. The pups ear's fell flat in fear, wanting to voice his fears now about the valley flooding, but he decided against it as he felt he had whined enough. He looked around the cave at his soaked, exhausted, and hurt companions, and what had he done? He cried and had to be carried all the way to the cave. Guilt crept up on the young pup, while no one had called him such a thing, Aki was starting to feel helpless, a burden on the rest of the group. He wanted to help more!

"M-Maybe we should all get some rest!" He decided to suggest suddenly. "I think we should all rest and wait for the storm to end! We're tired and Mister Wolf is hurt! I can even stand guard and wake everyone up if something happens!" He looked at the group with large green eyes that burned with the desire to help everyone out, he hoped they would take him up on his suggestion!
Image
Banner by me

User avatar
JazzyJazz
Friend
Friend
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JazzyJazz » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:05 am

"Mmm," murmured Retsuga, lifting his head and nodding in agreement. "Rest would be good. There's nothing else we can do anyway...still, perhaps we would take shifts, Akame. If the storm gets worse and this cave gets flooded,someone needs to be awake to warn the rest of us." Retsuga glanced between the two younger males.

"You two should sleep while you can. Leave everything else to us."
Image

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

User avatar
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am
Location: A Wardrobe

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JiiJoo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:53 pm

"Weeell If that's the case." Odalys said with a smile stretching his muscles a bit before jumping on a bit higher rock.
The young dog lied down and curled up, "Just be careful, Water can be more dangerous than fire." He muttered, slowly closing his amber eyes but quickly falling asleep. His snoring echoing.
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*

User avatar
Nuulo27
Potential
Potential
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Location: Finland

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Nuulo27 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Akame listened to the brave young male, as he suggested to have the first shift. Akame was happy, that these kind of young hopes existed.
"You should get some rest too Retsuga. At least as long that your wound heals a bit" the white Kishu suggested, and turned his head back to the hole. He did not get a good first impression about Odalys, but he did not let that bother him.
"A Ganin can stay up 5 days straight without any food, I can do this, you all get some rest" he explained and sat down in front of the exit.
Image

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Gingastar » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:08 am

Aki snorted, it was as if they were completely ignoring him! With stubborn huff he ran up to Akame who was now sitting in front of the entrance. Aki stood in front of him, getting wet by the rain. "Mister Akame! I said I wanted to keep watch! It was my idea after all! I can do a good job, seriously! I wanna prove I can be useful too!" Aki looked up at the kishu with the hope that he would let him keep watch for anything while everyone else rested.

"You all ran through the rain while I didn't do any running at all! So at least let me keep watch! I'll wake everyone up if things seem to get worse!" He tried to keep making his point, so determined that for the first time Aki didn't cower away when lightening struck. His fear of the storm wasn't as important as being useful to the rest of the group!
Image
Banner by me

User avatar
JazzyJazz
Friend
Friend
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JazzyJazz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Retsuga gazed over at Aki, his eye glistening in a soft fondness that he'd often look at Hyoma with, back when the younger Hakkenshi was a young pup. Despite his wounded body and lack of experience, Aki was beginning to radiate with the aura of a brave and strong fighter. After staring at Aki for a few moments, the wolf let out a slight chuckle, resting his head down on his paws.

"Perhaps you should give him a chance, Akame..." Retsuga barked. "Even a ganin needs to gather his strength, after all. Besides, if this boy's going to be living out here in the wild, his body will need to get used to this sort of thing."
Image

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

User avatar
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am
Location: A Wardrobe

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JiiJoo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:08 pm

"Alright..go do your thing I'm staying here" Odalys said with closed eyes still laying on the rock before a though ran through his mind.
He opened his amber eyes and slowly got up, jumping down to join the rest "Actually, why not come along, seems more fun!" He said changing his mind about what he previously said.
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*

User avatar
Nuulo27
Potential
Potential
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Location: Finland

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Nuulo27 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Akame soon noticed, that the other dogs did not swallow his words whole. He stood up, and gazed his eyes towards Aki, whose eyes were shining, staring at him. Akame's eyes had an intense, sharp look, which he now gave to Aki, measuring his abilities to this mission. After a short silence, Akame licked his muzzle once.
"Fair enough" he said, giving one last look to Retsuga.
"Then we should get some rest. Aki, you're in charge of our lives now. Fulfill your mission" the Ganin nodded, and walked away from the hole. He laid down head towards the others, and shut his eyes immediately.
Image

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Gingastar » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:23 am

“Right!! You can count on me!!” Kai barked excitedly. He placed himself in front of the cave, sitting up straight and proud as he made it his mission to watch for any dangers. He was overcome with pride as e was given such an important responsibility! He wanted to prove that he could indeed be a help to the other dogs!

He sat there for a good while, the little puppy finally starting to feel tired. His usually eager green eyes were growing heavy and he started to feel himself nod off. With a quick jolt he gasped, realizing he has nearly fell asleep. Or rather... it seemed that maybe he had fallen asleep at some point, as one look outsider told him that things were getting much worse...

One looks outside the cave certainly spelled trouble as rivers were definetly beginning to over flow. Water swept over the side onto land, and Aki could see large branches being swept away. It wouldn’t take long for the river water to head over to the cave.

“AH!!” He yelped in shock. He swung around to the rest of the group. “MISTER WOLF!! MISTER AKAME!! EVERYONE! EVERYONE WAKE UP!!” He woofed loudly, his woof echoing through the deep cave. Aki turned back to see that the waters were getting closer to the cave’s enterance.

If the dogs were to leave out the way they came, they risked the chance of being swept away by the river, and if they travelled high up in the trees there was a chance the strong winds would blow them away. What else were they to do though? Was there another way out of the cave, a way to avoid the water and high winds?
Image
Banner by me

User avatar
JazzyJazz
Friend
Friend
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JazzyJazz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 pm

"Mmph..." Retsuga grunted, stirring from his sleep. His ear flicked at the cries of the young pup. He sat up, immediately regretting it as stinging pain shot through his injured leg. "Ah, fu--!" The wolf bit his lip, cutting off the swear as he looked around. He spotted the panicking puppy at the cave entrance, as well as the rising waters. Retsuga's eye widened, and all weariness melted away in a matter of seconds.

"Oh no..." he murmured, padding to Aki's side. He glanced down at the youngster. "Boy, didn't you see the water coming!? Why didn't you wake us sooner!?" This wasn't good...They needed to reach higher ground, and fast.
Image

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

User avatar
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am
Location: A Wardrobe

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JiiJoo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:58 am

Odalys opened his eyes as he heard Aki's crying, he got up and padded towards Retsuga's side to see what was going on.
"Great..." He muttered with a yawn.
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*

User avatar
Nuulo27
Potential
Potential
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Location: Finland

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Nuulo27 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:21 pm

Akame instantly fell asleep, and was unconscious at the time the valley started flooding. Few moments later, he woke up to the sound of the young male shouting his name. Akame opened his eyes, and got up immediately. He saw the panicking Aki, and worried Retsuga near the exit from the cave.
"How come you didn't see this?" the Ganin asked from Aki. He turned around to see the back of the cave, and tried to remember if there was another exit.
"However -" Akame continued, as the time was running out "we have to leave now." The white Kishu ran to the other end of the cave, and started pushing one of the larger rocks to the side.
"I need you! Help me push this rock aside, there's a path leading to another cave on the other side!"
Image

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Gingastar » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:45 pm

“I... I...” Aki stammered, ears falling flat in shame. “I don’t know what happened! I-It suddenly just started flooding and... and...” the little puppy couldn’t finish, too ashamed of himself to admit that he fell asleep. Tears welled in his eyes, feeling like he wanted to start bawling. He felt so useless! Why did he have to fall asleep? He ruined his one chance at proving he wasn’t a burden... He swallowed his feelings though as Akame had found a way out.

At the kishu’s call for help pushing the boulder Aki dashed towards him, trying to help him push the boulder even though he really couldn’t do much. It wouldn’t be long until the raging waters consumed the entire floor of the cave.
Image
Banner by me

User avatar
JazzyJazz
Friend
Friend
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JazzyJazz » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:43 am

Continuing to mutter swears under his breath, Retsuga stayed near the mouth of the cave. He barked at Odalys, “Go and help Akame. I’m going to buy you all some more time.”

Retsuga felt water beginning to lap at his paws, and he shuffled back, taking in a few deep breaths as he tried to calm his racing heart. He closed his eyes, his ears flatted against his head, and he began to concentrate. Within seconds, a breeze began circling his body, and the approaching water had suddenly halted, before being pushed back slightly. The ex-Hakkenshi had summoned a fraction of his hurricane power to keep the water at bay, but he couldn’t keep it going forever. Water was a powerful foe, and it would beat his winds eventually. As long as the others could dig a way out...
Image

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

User avatar
JiiJoo
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am
Location: A Wardrobe

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JiiJoo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:35 am

Odalys rolled his eyes and shook his head with a sigh, he didn't want to be part of any of this but guessed he had to do something about It.
He trotted towards Akame and Aki and took a look at the boulder, he had to push THAT? after a moment he joined their side and put his front paws on the boulder trying to push It.
:bon: :bella: :maxim: :lydia: :aram: :pinkdragon:
*Insert Intresting something*

User avatar
Nuulo27
Potential
Potential
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:44 pm
Location: Finland

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Nuulo27 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 am

Akame was pushing with all of his strength, and was confused that Retsuga did not help them. He turned his head to see the wolf, and understood immediately what was happening.
"Thank you.." the Ganin murmured, and got a load of power from his comrade's fearlessness. He gave the boulder one last push, and the three of them finally moved the rock. It rumbled down from it's original place, and a path came up from behind it.
"Go! You two go first!" the Kishu shouted to the two other males who had pushed the boulder with him. He turned his head towards Retsuga as a sign to continue their way.
Image

User avatar
Gingastar
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator
Posts: 7350
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by Gingastar » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:27 am

Aki hesitated, looking back at Akame, and then to their only way out. "B-But..." Aki clamped his mouth shut, wanting to protest, but thinking better of it. He wanted to stay to make sure Mister Akame and Mister Wolf got out alright, but he had already screwed up, they wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for him! "O-Okay... But you and Mister Wolf better catch up to us!" Tears were still rolling down his cheeks, shutting his eyes tightly in shame before Aki finally turned tail and ran down the path that was revealed to them. Well... run was perhaps an overstatement, he more so bounded sloppily on three-legs, already having to catch himself from a rather pathetic fall. He could hear the thunder crashing behind him, but he took no time to over-think it, the only things on his mind now were how badly he had disappointed everyone, and where exactly this tunnel would lead to...
Image
Banner by me

User avatar
JazzyJazz
Friend
Friend
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:42 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: One Step at a Time

Post by JazzyJazz » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:33 am

Hearing the vanishing pawsteps of the younger males, Retsuga breathed in sharply, releasing his control of the air around him. The small wall of water that had formed against his barrier immediately topped down, filling the cave at alarming speed. Retsuga rushed to Akame's side. Again, the wound in his leg sent waves of pain through the lower half of his body. He could feel fresh blood beginning to spill, mixing with the water at his paws. There was nothing he could do about it now, though. It was time to leave.

"Let's go," he said to Akame as he slipped into the tunnel.
Image

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Post Reply

Return to “Futago Pass”