The Birth of A Paradise

Two mountains that reside in inside the Ohu Mountain Range.
JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

The Birth of A Paradise

Post by JazzyJazz » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:49 pm

Another peaceful morning had come to Futago Pass. As the sun peered over the mountains’ peaks, the lands were bathed in a warm, golden light, stirring the inhabitants and waking them from their slumber. Gin was among the first to wake up, his eyes fluttering open as a ray of sunlight landed on his silver pelt. The Akita sat up, blinking as he attempted to rid himself of his weariness. Once it had somewhat subsided, Gin looked up towards the sky, spotting the last of the stars that hadn’t yet disappeared. His gaze rested on one in particular.

“Good morning, Father...” he murmured softly. Though months had passed since the death of Riki, the word “father” still left a bitter taste in his mouth. He couldn’t afford to mourn in front of the others; such behavior was undignified for an army leader. Still...

The brindled Akita stood up, padding as quietly as he could away from the rest of his comrades. He padded towards the large, stone structure that once drowned in the scent of the dreaded Demon Bear. Gajou...this was the place where many strong and brave dogs fell...where his father fell...all so that Japan could finally see peace. Ohu was no longer a place to fear...it was a place where life could begin. Gin leapt from rock to rock, not stopping until he reached the top of Gajou. From here, he could gaze over the land he now owned, the land he now protected...

“This land...” Gin whispered. “Deserves to be shared...”

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: The Birth of A Paradise

Post by Wolpard » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:54 am

Rays of light rising over the mountain peaks soaked Tesshin's face, forcing him to blink awake. He peered around as his eyes adjusted to his surroundings, but his nose had been awake before he had- collecting the scent of the morning dew and the comrades who sheltered him. It had only been a few months since he was taken in by the Ohu army, but it had already made up about half of his lifetime. This was his family now. He didn't remember a whole lot from his previous life anyhow, but Akame had assured him he came from a long line of Ninjas- it was something they had in common.

The young dog stood from his resting position, stretching his legs and letting out a yawn. Few other dogs had gotten up so far, among them was their Supreme Leader Gin, only a few months older than Tesshin himself. And despite his age, he seemed so wise, as if he knew the answer to everything. To Tesshin, he was like an all-knowing big brother- but of course he became leader for a reason, even if most of his subordinates were older than him.

Tesshin, light on his feet, trotted over in Gin's direction with a ghostly silence as to not wake any sleeping comrades (a skill perhaps passed down by his ganin ancestors by blood). The rocky slope of Gajou loomed over Gin like a monster, almost reminiscent of the demon Akakabuto himself. Tesshin had never seen Akakabuto with his own eyes, but the thought of such a beast in this towering fortress sent chills down the young dog's spine, and he was certainly familiar with the devastation of the war, even if he was just a pup. He was grateful to be living in a time of peace.

"Beautiful morning," Tesshin remarked, as he bowed his head in greeting.

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:23 pm

“Mmm?” Gin’s ear flicked at the sound of Tesshin’s voice. He turned to look at the Kōga male, closing his eyes and flashing Tesshin a polite smile. “Oh, good morning, Tesshin. I hadn’t heard you coming. Haha...just like a ganin, I suppose.”

The Akita sat down in front of the (slightly) younger male, reaching with a hind leg to scratch at his flank. “I thought I’d take a look around while the sun was rising. The Pass really does look amazing from the top of Gajou.”

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:11 am

Tesshin gazed around him, taking in the view from the top of Gajou. Up here, the wind was stronger, and therefore carried more scents to him. He could definitely understand why the demon bear used such a place when he took over Futago Pass, and it put Tesshin at ease knowing that it was now at the heart of their territory and not an enemy's.

"Certainly," he agreed and then shuddered, "it's hard to think that this was once a gruesome battlefield where so many dogs lost their lives."

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 pm

Gin’s smile slipped a bit at that. He lowered his head slightly, letting out a soft sigh. His eyes rested on a spot near Gajou’s base, the very spot where his father's eyes closed for the final time. The snow and rain had long since washed away his scent and blood, but the image of his broken and mangled body was permanently etched into Gin’s mind. The Akita felt his eyes beginning to burn with tears and closed them, shaking his head.

“You were lucky not have have witnessed the battle, Tesshin...” Gin finally said. “As young as you were, it would’ve been cruel to expose you to such violence.” The Akita paused, finally opening his eyes and turning to stare at the Koga male. “Because of Akakabuto, I couldn’t have the life of a normal puppy. I’m glad that you were able to in my place.”

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:10 am

Tesshin lowered his head submissively. "Sorry," he murmured, "I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." Tesshin himself had certainly witnessed some brutality during the war, but he was so young through most of it that much of his memories were quite fuzzy. He even had trouble remembering all the details of getting beaten by the sons of Kisaragi, only to witness them soon after being torn apart by Akakabuto's subordinates. It was certainly a troublesome time, Tesshin couldn't imagine Gin's feelings on the subject, having witnessed some of the worst events first-hand.

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Gin gave Tesshin a reassuring smile, nudging him, almost playfully, with his shoulder. “It’s all in the past, anyway...” he said, though it seemed more like he was trying to convince himself than the Koga. “The wars are over, and now is the time for peace. The Ohu mountains have been closed off for too long; why should only the Army enjoy this beautiful place now that Akakabuto is dead? Tesshin...I was thinking of creating a Paradise here, in Futago Pass, not just for us soldiers, but for any dog who wishes to live here.”

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:16 am

Tesshin pricked his ears in curiosity. "A Paradise for dogs?" It was certainly a wonderful idea. Futago pass and its surrounding peaks certainly were beautiful, and without any of Akakabuto's minions hanging around it was already a haven on its own- it had plenty of food, water, and it was secluded from humans. "It sounds great, but how do you intend to go about it?" After all, Tesshin was sure most of Japan's dogs associated the place with bloodshed, not peace, even if the dogs had won in the end. However he refrained from bringing up any more mentions of the war.

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:52 pm

“Mmm,” replied Gin with a slow nod. “I was thinking about the men who fell in battle, and the wives and pups they might’ve left behind. It isn’t fair that they have to fend for themselves now, especially when there’s so much space here for them to live.” The Akita paused, before turning to Tesshin again.

“They wouldn’t have to live here, exactly,” he added, tapping the stone beneath his paw to emphasize that he was referring to Gajou and the surrounding land. “I don’t want them to touch this blood-stained place. However...the rest of the mountain will be theirs to explore. Gajou will be reserved for the Ohu soldiers. It’s...only an idea, anyway. I was thinking of asking Ben or Akame if it sounded alright.”

Nuulo27

Post by Nuulo27 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Akame had left to the woods before dawn, as usual. He was doing his daily routines and making sure that troublemakers stayed far from Gajou and his comrades. Since there weren't any reasons to be concerned, he was peacefully returning from his tour just after the sunrise. Keeping his head down, the ganin was still smelling and checking his surroundings, but he soon arrived back to Gajou. He rose his head back up and saw two characters on top of the fort. Gin and Tesshin were apparently having some kind of a serious conversation, according to their serious faces. Akame didn't stare at them too long, but continued all the way back to rest on the lowest rocks of the building. He jumped on the nearest, large rock and laid down heading the way he had came from. He put his head down on his paws, keeping his eyes and mind open.

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:38 am

Tesshin nodded as Gin explained his idea more. "That makes a lot of sense," the young dog commented, "That way we will all be around to protect each other and dogs will not have to worry as much about humans or other threats." He padded around in a circle, motioning with his paws to the huge rocky structure they stood upon. "Akakabuto's fortress that brought so much pain among dog-kind can now serve as a base for the new protectors of paradise."

After agreeing with Gin's idea, Tesshin's nose and ears twitched simultaneously. He turned his head to look down Gajou at a stark white figure that caught his attention at the foot of the fortress. "Looks like you have your chance to ask about it now."

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 am

"Mmm?" Gin looked over the edge of the boulder he and Tesshin were standing on. He made out the white figure of Akame, the wind carrying his scent up the side of the stronghole. "Ah, speak of the devil. I suppose I'd better go down and ask if he'd like to discuss it." Gin hopped down to one of the lower rocks, lifting his muzzle and calling out to the Kishu: "Akame! A word with you, please?"

Before he continued down Gajou, Gin glanced back over his shoulder, nodding to Tesshin and adding, "Perhaps you'd like to come along? Unless you have something else to do, and in that case, I won't hold you."

Nuulo27

Post by Nuulo27 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:34 am

Akame was aware that the two younger males saw him coming, but he didn't think they had anything to share with him. He was just lying on the chill rock and gazing his eyes throughout the woods. In a little while he felt Gin's smell much stronger, and right after lifting his head, the silver and white Akita stood in his sight. Right after seeing him, the ganin stood up, keeping his head a bit lower.
"Anytime, Leader!" Akame responded with no doubt. He nodded and then turned his head up to see Tesshin on top of the Gajou. There was certainly something going on in their minds.

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 pm

Tesshin paused and then gave Gin a slight nod. Letting the leader lead the way down, he hopped down the fortress from rock to rock on his light feet. It felt good to finally be able to partake in serious discussion with the Ohu army now that he was older, and it made Tesshin feel giddy with excitement. However, he managed to contain his excitement- we wanted to be a respectable member of the army after all.

"The leader has an idea he wants to run by you," Tesshin asserted.

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:55 am

"Mmm," agreed Gin with a nod. The Akita continued down the stronghold until he reached the older Kishu. He paused, waiting for Tesshin to join his side before continuing. "Akame, I wanted to open the Ohu mountains to the strays and wild dogs of Japan. After the war, there's women and puppies left without a male to care for them, as well as dogs struggling to protect themselves against stronger, crueler dogs. Ohu would be a place were dogs can live in peace, now that Akakabuto is gone, and the army would now be in charge of protecting the mountain. That is, of course..." Despite his rank as leader, Gin now lowered his head, his ears swiveling back. He gazed up at Akame with an uncertain look in his eyes. "...If you think it's a good idea."

Nuulo27

Post by Nuulo27 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:51 am

Akame looked at Tesshin as he spoke, but then turned to Gin. Akame listened carefully, and imagined it all in his head. As he was no optimist, he started to think about the darker sides of the idea he was just now hearing. The Ganin nodded slowly, and looked away when Gin stopped talking. He gazed his eyes towards the woods, and stood quiet for a while.
"I think it is a great, but risky idea. As there will be troublemakers on the way, we have to be as prepared as we can" Akame started, and then turned his head back to the leader.
"Since most of the army returned to their homes after war, we must trust our protecting and possible searching to very small groups." the Kishu went on. He was already picturing the groups and routes in his head, but was still quite suspicious.
"And you, Gin. What were you planning to do while this happens? If we go around Japan looking for dogs to save, you'll be an easy target for those who disagree on our plans of this whole paradise." Akame gave out his biggest reason to worry about the whole idea. He would give his life to Gin at any time, and didn't want him to be exposed to any danger. Even though Gin was a talented fighter, Akame didn't want him to even get his teeth bloody, but over his dead body.

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:16 am

Gin didn't respond for a moment, his gaze wandering to the rocks beneath him as he thought. Akame brought up good points, and while Gin had wanted to personally invite dogs to the new Paradise, leaving it without its leader would send the message that Gajou was up for the taking. The Akita had no doubts in the abilities of his comrades, but now, with some of them having their own children and Ben having lost his sight, even the smallest risk was too great, in Gin's eyes. He finally looked back up at Akame, his brow furrowing as he came to a conclusion.

"I and a platoon of dogs will remain here in the Paradise," he said. "Sending an invitation doesn't requite strength, but speed. The swiftest dogs remaining in our ranks should be sent, and of the off-chance that there's trouble, they should easily be able to send word back to us. Only then will I have the rest of the army leave Gajou."

Nuulo27

Post by Nuulo27 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:41 am

Akame once again listened very carefully. He really wanted to think it was a good idea, and nothing bad could come out of it. He stood for a while, thinking about the plan Gin had explained just now. The Ganin nodded slightly, and turned his head to see the woods better.
"It is hard for me to believe that not a single dog would abuse this kindness" Akame said once he had thought about it for a while.
"Also, it depends on who you send to give the invitations. If they don't trust the messenger, it will cause trouble. How big groups were you planning on sending to there journeys?"

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:05 pm

"Not very big ones," replied Gin, pausing a moment to scratch an itch in his flank. "Three to five dogs should be good, I think. I...trust that our dogs will be able to handle themselves..." Despite his words, the Akita wasn't entirely convinced, himself. Selfish and wicked dogs were hiding in very corner of Japan, and it was a matter of when, not if, they'd attack. Gin refused to let the land his father and grandfather lost their lives protecting fall into corrupted paws...

Gin fell silent, his frown deepening and his ears falling back just slightly. Though he attempted to keep a calm expression on his face, his body gave away his distress.

Wolpard
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Wolpard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 pm

"Let me go, sir" Tesshin chimed in from behind. He had been letting his two seniors talk as he listened silently, but he thought now would be the perfect time to step into the conversation. He bowed his head in respect before continuing; "With the training you two and John have given me, I believe I would be able to serve you well in this mission."

His voice remained calm as he offered himself to the mission, but he was certainly beaming with excitement below. He was still young after all, and he had not left this region since the end of the war. It would be nice to see the world again with a new set of eyes, ones that weren't too young to remember much.

Return to “Futago Pass”