Imaginary Ginga VOICE CAST!

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Imaginary Ginga VOICE CAST!

Post by Gingaddict »

I know it's highly unlikely we're ever going to get the Ginga series in a English dub but if we were who would you pick to voice your favourite characters? It can be anyone you like, young or old, black or white or even dead or alive.
Here's some of mine

Willem Dafoe as Jerome
When I first saw Jerome, he reminded me instantly of Gil in Finding Nemo as they both entrust a kid to do daring tasks from them. Willem's silent and calm voice and brooding-like tone is made for his character.

Liam Neeson as Adult Gin
I always thought of Gin being an elder badass kind of like Neeson is in his action movies and also he can be a great leader voice, just hear him as Aslan!

Jackie Chan as Akame
being a master of martial arts seems like Jackie Chan would live his role!

Sean Bean as John
Considering he can bite the dust in a big way and also command presence while still being a good fighter, also seems a great fit for John.

Jack Nicholson or mark Hamill as Hougen
Mainly based on their Joker roles, I do think Hougen's sick twisted sense of humour would be well sorted for a Joker voice.

Ian Mckellen as Elder Smith
Smith as an old man always reminded me of Gandalf :P4:

Robin Williams as GB
GB has Robin Williams written all over him, from his humorousness side, the kindhearted compassion he shows to others to the scolding to those who can do better. He would have been superb.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? It can be anyone you want!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Re: Imaginary Ginga VOICE CAST!

Post by WolfKing »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:04 pm I know it's highly unlikely we're ever going to get the Ginga series in a English dub but if we were who would you pick to voice your favourite characters? It can be anyone you like, young or old, black or white or even dead or alive.
Here's some of mine

Willem Dafoe as Jerome
When I first saw Jerome, he reminded me instantly of Gil in Finding Nemo as they both entrust a kid to do daring tasks from them. Willem's silent and calm voice and brooding-like tone is made for his character.

Liam Neeson as Adult Gin
I always thought of Gin being an elder badass kind of like Neeson is in his action movies and also he can be a great leader voice, just hear him as Aslan!

Jackie Chan as Akame
being a master of martial arts seems like Jackie Chan would live his role!

Sean Bean as John
Considering he can bite the dust in a big way and also command presence while still being a good fighter, also seems a great fit for John.

Jack Nicholson or mark Hamill as Hougen
Mainly based on their Joker roles, I do think Hougen's sick twisted sense of humour would be well sorted for a Joker voice.

Ian Mckellen as Elder Smith
Smith as an old man always reminded me of Gandalf :P4:

Robin Williams as GB
GB has Robin Williams written all over him, from his humorousness side, the kindhearted compassion he shows to others to the scolding to those who can do better. He would have been superb.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? It can be anyone you want!

Awesome dude, great that somebody started this conversation, i've been thinking about one myself too. this is for GNG (some characters)

Tom Holland as Gin and Daisuke
after seeing him in movies like Impossible, and Spiderman of course he has a likable and mischievous persona, and great balance between comedy and drama which makes him a believable one to these two.

Kevin Costner as Riki

with a baritone but soft spoken voice and authoritative presence he is for me a natural choice.

Jason Bateman as Smith

Smith's snarky and sarcastic sense of humor is Jason Bateman in a nutshell. Though both he and Jason are capable of being comedic and serious in a believable way which is a another importance.

Brian Blessed as Moss

The most bombastic and hammiest actor working today with a booming voice and larger-than-life performances make him a great Moss

Edward Norton as Chutora and Kurotora

His distinctive raspy voice and versatile talent for likability and boisterousness is perfect to these two. Their voice is higher pitched than Akatora and therefore Akatora needs different voice.

Hugh Jackman as Akame

his deep resonant voice and ability to be stoic and show emotion simultaneously makes him a good one.

Bradley Cooper as John

Having played several smooth talkers, he can play arrogant characters who have the ability to be likable despite that.

William Fichtner as Kurojaki

His performance as a cannibalistic cowboy in Lone Ranger, along with a drawling voice make him a perfectly deranged Kurojaki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

This sounds like fun. I got my thoughts and choices. Let us begin:

Riki - I think his voice should sound like a superhero’s voice. So I’m going with Craig T. Nelson, who voiced Mr. Incredible! :orion3:

Adult Gin - I could say Liam Neeson, also. But I won’t copy. I’ll go with Tony Goldwyn! His voice should be just as deep! :surprisegin:

Young Smith - I choose Tobey Maguire! Because that should suit Smith’s voice! :P4:
That should also make up for his GNG anime voice. :OUT:

Adult Weed - Matt Damon! Because Weed sounds like he should have a soft voice! :tfw_rigel3:

GB - Robin Williams sounds like a good fit. But how about Jim Carrey?! :EXCITE:

Koyuki - Reese Witherspoon! I can imagine Koyuki’s voice sounding like that! :tfw_bella2:

Sasuke - How about Jet Li?! I know he’s not into comedy that much in his professional career, but why not think outside the box?! :tfw_sirius3:

Jerome - Bryan Cranston should fit! I heard him voicing Chief in Isle of Dogs! It sounds just right! :orion3:

Lydia - Diane Kruger! Because I’m guessing her voice could sound like that! :sasukehearts:

Adult Orion - I’m going with Tim Phillipps (GTLW version)! If you don’t know who that is, he voiced Dante in the video game DMC: Devil May Cry. I choose that voice because that should work for Orion’s voice! I imagine him sounding like that! :orion3:
Edit: Also going with Ryan Reynolds (GDN version) for Orion’s voice!

Adult Bon - How about Jonah Hill?! His voice fits well for a goofy acting character! :rigel4:

That is all now. Hopefully this is accurate. :DD
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Finally, after all this time I have more to add to the list.

FREDDIE HIGHMORE AS WEED - years ago I thought he would be a great voice and still even though he's an adult, my mind still not changed!

TIMOTHEE CHALAMET AS JOE - For his work in Dune and beautiful Boy.

TOM HIDDLESTON AS YUKIMURA - considering the old fanbase on both Yukimura and Loki, this seems like a good match :surprisegin: Also, his death scenes tend to make everyone cry so here, it would be no exception :tfw_orion1:

RENE RUSSO AS SAKURA - she was great as Frigga so she would totally own Sakura's kind nature.

DENIS LEARY AS RIKI - runner up was Kevin Conroy (RIP). I had been on the bench about being open about this choice but I still help it could've worked. He did great as Diego from Ice Age and Captain Stacy so there is a leading voice in there somewhere.

ANGELA BASSETT AS FUJI - she talks little but I think it would need to be a warm and wise voice so her words leave an impact. It's a no brainer.

RANDALL PARK AS SASUKE - runner up was Ken Jeong but Randall, I think was more emotional range as well as humour so he'd nail Sasuke.

MICHELLE YEOH AS CROSS - she's great at playing old mentors and kickass ladies so there's really no other choice.

BRYAN CRANSTON AS BEN - for his work in Isle of Dogs and Kung Fu Panda 3.

JENNA COLEMAN AS KOYUKI - she's got a calm and kind demeanor to her voice when she was in Doctor Who, so Koyuki would be fantastic with her vocals.

ORLANDO BLOOM AS ROCKET - for his work as Legolas.

KARL URBAN AS HIRO - He knows how to be badass and funny as well, it fits Hiro to have this kind of edge.

JOHN LITHGOW AS HAKURO - I can picture his laugh for Lord Farquaad for this larger-than-life Malamute :tfw_rigel3:

JOHN LEGUIZAMO AS HYENA - he has plenty of voice acting under his belt and even alot of emotional range so he could work for both the cowardly hyena and maybe even wise Noah in future.

ROBERT KNEPPER AS SNIPER - For his work in Prison Break - it fits too well if you ask me.

JIM CUMMINGS AS KAMAKIRI - I think his Steele voice would be ideal here. :rigel4:

JAMES EARL JONES AS KAIBUTSU - though old, he needs some very deep vocals, it's really easy to hear him here.

DANTE BASCO AS KYOSHIRO - runners up were Zachery Quinto and Joseph Gilgun. Due to his great voice for Zuko and yes even humour, he would be amazing going from a burnt face kid to a scarred up dog!

KEITH ALLEN AS SHOGUN and RICHARD ARMITAGE AS TOBIZARU - for their work in Robin Hood.

KIEFER SUTHERLAND AS VICTOR - For his work in 24 and many bad guy roles, he would be a easy choice

MILO VENTIMIGILA AS MAXIME - runner up was Carlos Bernard. For his work as Peter in Heroes and I think his voice has a dark edge after hearing him a spiderman cartoon.

DANIEL KALUUYA AS ARAM - runner up was Adam Driver. For his work in the film Widows.

SANDRA OH AS LYDIA - for her work on Invincible and Killing Eve.

CHANDLER RIGGS AS ORION - Carl from the walking dead so yeah, I can hear his voice for this conflicted pup. Runner up was Sean Astin for his work in Balto 3.

ANTHONY RAMOS AS RIGEL - after the transformers beasts film with him, I can see it.

BELLA RAMSEY AS BELLATRIX - though, I would like to hope if it was anime, she would have more to do so this voice could deliver in both big and short appearances, I mean just listen to her vocals in Chicken Run 2.

RYAN SAMPSON AS BON - from Brassic, I would like to hope Bon has a similar attitude to his character (Tommo) in that show.

FOREST WHITAKER AS MASMUNE KUROHABAKI - due to his work in the last king of Scotland, I could see this working out well.

MAX BEESLEY AS MASAHIGE - I see that dog's eyes and somehow I see this guy's character from the show, Survivors - it must be the death stare.

SAM ELLIOT AS UNSAI or TENKA - he's meant to be a wise leader but also old and even a bit cheeky so yeah. As for Tenka, mainly for the moustache :orion3:

LAURENCE FISHBURNE AS MUSASHI or TOUBE - kinda for similar reasons, edgy and take-no-nonsense attiude makes him ideal for both of them.

BILL FAGERBAKKE AS THE AKA-ARI BROTHERS - again, mainly as a joke but I think he would be good for the voice as SHUOU as he himself is a complete joke.

KIRK CAMERON AS SIRIUS - mainly as a joke as everyone wants to punch him in the face! :yama1: runner up is Elijah Wood (if he and Sean Aston were Orion and Sirius, we could have a Lord of the Rings reunion!) :tfw_rigel3:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

This looks fun!

Daniel Kaluuya as Adult Gin

Robin Williams as GB

Utkarsh Ambudkar as Bon

Jim Carrey as Smith

Michelle Rodriguez as Lydia

Paul Walker as Izou

:sparkles: Sandra Oh as Cross :sparkles:
I think she would be just like Ming from Turning Red before the whole pandapocalypse thing happened,.
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”