(Poll) Saddest death in the animes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.

The saddest death in the animes. Which one was it? (Of those options here)

Akatora
4%
Smith
4%
John
48%
Sakura
No votes
Jerome
9%
Riki
13%
Shiro
No votes
Teru's father
No votes
Tōbē
4%
Benizakura
17%

Total votes: 23

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

(Poll) Saddest death in the animes

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Who made you shed the most tears when they died?

If the death of that character is not on the list, then reply instead if you wanna vote.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: (Poll) Saddest death in the animes

Post by Wolpard »

Akatora is one of my favorite deaths, but I wouldn't call it all that sad? I think John and Benizakura were the most emotional, but something about Beni's death especially gets me. Maybe it's the sakura flower in the water at the end? IDK.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Nothing will make me cry harder than John's death in this series. How hard he had to put up the torturing and even told Sasuke and Hook to not come out to help him u_u Accepting this as his end for the sake of saving lives... And then getting to talk to Weed before he dies... and his last words.. Q_Q Just all of it is so much... Not to mention, the blind, senile Ben delivering his body to be buried is seriously so beautiful...

Teru's dad being an option... I know some people want to forgive him, and I won't stop anyone, but it's just.. too impossible for me. xD;
For those who know My Hero Academia, Teru's dad makes me think of a worse developed Endeavor (not literally, but close enough). I don't forgive Endeavor for his abuse and basically forced marriage and r*pe, but when he decided to try making up for his crimes, he came to that conclusion himself. I don't forgive him and like him in the slightest, but him choosing to try was his choice without people's intervention.
Teru's dad, on the other hand, had to be pressured by a large group of people to save his son. He was literally RUNNING away from the scene when it was getting bad, but Hiro just happened to get in the way. I don't view his pleads as genuine. They felt like "Please son, tell me you forgive me so I won't have to die for nothing." Surprisingly, he died not hearing it, but to plead for having to be a dad for once in his life is just... too scummy to cry over his death for to me.

ImageImage
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Dragon wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:44 pm Nothing will make me cry harder than John's death in this series. How hard he had to put up the torturing and even told Sasuke and Hook to not come out to help him u_u Accepting this as his end for the sake of saving lives... And then getting to talk to Weed before he dies... and his last words.. Q_Q Just all of it is so much... Not to mention, the blind, senile Ben delivering his body to be buried is seriously so beautiful...

Teru's dad being an option... I know some people want to forgive him, and I won't stop anyone, but it's just.. too impossible for me. xD;
For those who know My Hero Academia, Teru's dad makes me think of a worse developed Endeavor (not literally, but close enough). I don't forgive Endeavor for his abuse and basically forced marriage and r*pe, but when he decided to try making up for his crimes, he came to that conclusion himself. I don't forgive him and like him in the slightest, but him choosing to try was his choice without people's intervention.
Teru's dad, on the other hand, had to be pressured by a large group of people to save his son. He was literally RUNNING away from the scene when it was getting bad, but Hiro just happened to get in the way. I don't view his pleads as genuine. They felt like "Please son, tell me you forgive me so I won't have to die for nothing." Surprisingly, he died not hearing it, but to plead for having to be a dad for once in his life is just... too scummy to cry over his death for to me.
Teru's dad was overall sad. Now, I didn't shed any tears, I hardly ever do that, but Teru's dad at least made me feel. That's why I included him here, to see if someone actually thought that his death was really sad.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:34 pm Akatora is one of my favorite deaths, but I wouldn't call it all that sad? I think John and Benizakura were the most emotional, but something about Beni's death especially gets me. Maybe it's the sakura flower in the water at the end? IDK.
The flower was really a nice touch (I'm not sure if i am recalling correctly, but doesn't Benizakura mean Red cherry blossoms? If I recall correctly, then his death was an absolute masterpiece! Well done Takahashi!). It really got me.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am
Wolpard wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:34 pm Akatora is one of my favorite deaths, but I wouldn't call it all that sad? I think John and Benizakura were the most emotional, but something about Beni's death especially gets me. Maybe it's the sakura flower in the water at the end? IDK.
The flower was really a nice touch (I'm not sure if i am recalling correctly, but doesn't Benizakura mean Red cherry blossoms? If I recall correctly, then his death was an absolute masterpiece! Well done Takahashi!). It really got me.
Yup, it does!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:38 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 am
Yup, it does!
Imma a smart boi now! But hey, this just means that Benizakura's death was so well executed! It was so emotional!
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Definitely John! And possibly Jerome as well but he didn't die in the Manga so it's kinda less sad so I voted John.

I heard that happened before I saw it and still cried lots but I was more effected by it watching the anime than in the manga. Don't know why, guess I do better with animation than comics.

Personally, I think Smith's death is sadder in the anime than in the manga as we spend more time with him than in the manga where he didn't actually join Weed and GB
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:32 pm Definitely John! And possibly Jerome as well but he didn't die in the Manga so it's kinda less sad so I voted John.

I heard that happened before I saw it and still cried lots but I was more effected by it watching the anime than in the manga. Don't know why, guess I do better with animation than comics.

Personally, I think Smith's death is sadder in the anime than in the manga as we spend more time with him than in the manga where he didn't actually join Weed and GB
Smith's death was sad, it just happened to soon for me to feel anything sadly, but I did have a few emotions inside that was flowing around. And yes, John is by FAR the saddest death! He was one of my favorites from GNG.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

For me it's John. He is my favorite and that's why I was really sad when he died in a really cruel way. He always put others first than himself.. It was not fun to watch him die like this..

And also Riki, he fought in the last breath. Huge respect to him.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:34 pm For me it's John. He is my favorite and that's why I was really sad when he died in a really cruel way. He always put others first than himself.. It was not fun to watch him die like this..

And also Riki, he fought in the last breath. Huge respect to him.
I would say that Teu's dad is the dark horse here. I voted for John too, but Teru's dad redeemed himself:)
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Riki is probably the saddest death in the animes to me because his chance to spend quality time with his son after regaining his memories was taken away.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Benizakura, I'd say. However, I feel as though Smith's death is pretty sad too considering his sacrifice amounted to nothing if I'm remembering correctly.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”