Which bad guy is your favorite?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Which bad guy is your favorite?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Who was the most frightening, strong, evil, tyrannical, powerful, etc or whatever you consider a good "bag guy" to be. Which one is your favorite?

A common choice, which is also my choice, is Akakabuto. Honestly, that bear was a frightening sight as a child. It is literally impossible for me to choose any other than him.
Have a nice day!
skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Re: Which bad guy is your favorite?

Post by skinklegs »

My favorite big bad is Akakabuto, but honestly I tend to prefer the more minor villains. Kurojaki and Kaibutsu are my favorites! They have some motivation other than "I wanna take over Ohu bwaaa" and Kaibutsu especially is a really interesting character. It's easy to sympathize with him.
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Akakabuto, definelitely! He's just the original super villain where everything begins
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

skinklegs wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 am My favorite big bad is Akakabuto, but honestly I tend to prefer the more minor villains. Kurojaki and Kaibutsu are my favorites! They have some motivation other than "I wanna take over Ohu bwaaa" and Kaibutsu especially is a really interesting character. It's easy to sympathize with him.
The minor villains can be cool, but that is the problem for me. The fact that they are minors, just doesn't give me enough time for almost anything. Sure, Kaibutsu is a good character, but he just wasn't around long enough for me to sympathize with him or anything else.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Nuulo27 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:59 am Akakabuto, definelitely! He's just the original super villain where everything begins
He is generally just a giant monster bear. I can't choose anyone else than him.
Have a nice day!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Masamune is my favourite. Not a big dog, but very skilled ninja dog with a lot of charisma although ultimately a very ruthless guy. Cool design and understandable backstory.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Akakabuto is also my favorite main bad guy. The ginormous and genuinely scary guy.

But i also like minor bad guys, like Kurojaki. That guy only appears for about 20 minutes in the anime of over 8 hours, and still left quite an impression. He quickly became one of my favorite Ginga characters. A psychotic cannibal, who also is revealed to have a good side (his love for his son Tesshin, even if he abandoned him) and his ultimate death which was surprisingly heartbreaking. Rarely have i seen a minor character who left such an impression.

I also like Hougen and Victor, by also being exceptionally cruel and menacing, even though Victor's cowardice ultimately makes him lose it.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say Akakaboto too. He was a really scary bear and really well done.

For dogs, I'll say Kurojaki and Victor. They had really unique personality. A dog who eats dogs?? How is it possible. Victor, he never cares who he kills.. Even it's women or kids.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:51 am But i also like minor bad guys, like Kurojaki. That guy only appears for about 20 minutes in the anime of over 8 hours, and still left quite an impression. He quickly became one of my favorite Ginga characters. A psychotic cannibal, who also is revealed to have a good side (his love for his son Tesshin, even if he abandoned him) and his ultimate death which was surprisingly heartbreaking. Rarely have i seen a minor character who left such an impression.
I just wish that Kurojaki was there for much longer than the amount of time he was actually there! He was a great character, but at least, he got a great ending for himself. And it made sense too:)

Oh well, at least the main villain was one HELL of a villain!
Have a nice day!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

My favs are Masamune and Victor o:
SPOILER
Kaibutsu is impactful as well, but I almost don't want to call him a villain because of the sad circumstance...
Blue's sudden change of heart for Weed was cute too, but if ANYONE lasted short as a villain in this series, it's definitely this guy lol

ImageImage
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I just love Masamune but Hougen and Genba will always have a special spot in my heart! XD

IDK what I love most about these guys but the fact that they critisized Ohu of their dumb bullshit and arrogance is A HUUUGE plus!! They made the stories interesting and I was happy to see them everytime Yoshi spared them some screentime.
Image Image
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

As far as "big bads" go, Akakabuto and Masamune.

Other more minor villains I enjoy quite a bit are Kurojaki, P4, and Masashige.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 pm As far as "big bads" go, Akakabuto and Masamune.

Other more minor villains I enjoy quite a bit are Kurojaki, P4, and Masashige.
I totally forgot one minor character myself (even tho I usually don't really care about them), and that is Blue.

I like him because he was the one Weed got his morals from. Believing that everyone can be forgiven, and given a second chance, because Blue was able to sacrifice himself for Weed because Weed changed Blue's heart. That's where Weed started to believe in those things.

I totally forgot about Blue when I wrote that my ONLY favorite villain so far was Akakabuto, but I remembered just now the huge impact Blue actually had on Weed. Glad I remembered:)
Have a nice day!
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

Off the top of my head, I'll probably say Hougen and Victor. Hougen was just this gigantic monster dog who was cruel to an almost cartoonish degree. He was so over the top and cocky that he was always a treat to read or watch. You never knew exactly what he was going to do next, plus his design is actually quite nice. He even has a past that makes you feel empathetic. Victor was suprisingly effective against the Ohu army. His unit saw the death of Buruge, Moss, and Hakuro. His strategy managed to outwit both Gin and Akame. He had this cold, calculating nature by being a dog of war that actually made him intimidating. It made me think more into the harsh reality of real war and why anyone would follow him. I know Yoshi's stories are technically samurai war stories, but a lot of them feel just like standard anime violence that makes me cheer as opposed to Victor that made me think "oh damn." I'm not usually worried about the Ohu dogs when they fight, yet in that arc I was.

I guess I'll throw in an Honorable mention to Masamune. He was intriguing, if nothing else. If Ohu wasn't separated he'd be disposed of in an instant, but he wasn't bad.

I'm actually surprised to see so many people liking Akakabuto. Physically he's imposing, but he wasn't that successful, and I got the feeling that he was only supposed to be scary because the story demanded he be.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

MasterOfCider wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:37 am I'm actually surprised to see so many people liking Akakabuto. Physically he's imposing, but he wasn't that successful, and I got the feeling that he was only supposed to be scary because the story demanded he be.
For me, I like Akakabuto the most, more because of the fact that I was frightened of him as a child, and apparently, I have just taken that feeling with me throughout my life. Therefore, he feels much more like a villain to me (and the best one).
Have a nice day!
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Emperor Gaia. :gaia:

What an absolute BEAST.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Kaibutsu is my favourite.

He was sympathetic and you could understand but also vicious and cold, a great balance. He also had an interesting situation with Jerome but his ruthlessness and concrete mind made it easy to see that needed to be stopped instead of confusing things with moral understanding that seems to be the biggest problem with Ginga right now.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Masamune, since I have declared him as my favorite villain.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Oh boy, definitely Masamune! I liked how cool and calculated he could be, and the fact that he could take down Gennai (I think that was the big dog's name I can't remember) just by out moving him was insane. Hougen, Gaia, and Murder S are also up there for sure, but after I read GDWO Masamune has been my favorite by far
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

kaibutsu/p4 definitely! he was my favorite character before i finished GDW or even became super obsessed with ginga. it's design is super unique and it's story is even cooler.

i also like masamune, i havent read GDWO yet so im purely going off design lmao.

i used to HATE hougen and genba, but recently ive taken a big liking to them.

[im so sorry if this posts twice my wifi is awful]
rigel enjoyer

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”