General Opinions on GDN

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Kassified

General Opinions on GDN

Post by Kassified »

(Spoiler because idk if this’ll spoil something)

Now, when I hear GDN was coming out, I was sooo hyped. But, it’s really not all that great. I feel like Yoshihiro really isn’t as motivated. It’s just..kinda boring and repetitive. I still love Ginga, but until there’s a show or something, I’ll continue to think the same. I want something new, not just a dog trying to taking over with his brother(s)..

:tfw_bella1:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Not too Exciting

Post by Wolpard »

Yeah you can definitely tell Yoshi is tired. IIRC Yoshi was supposed to retire after TLW... yet here he is. I would have rather he finished TLW better and ended there than start a totally new manga, especially since GDN isn't... great.

Also Yoshi's been drawing manga since the 70's (and Ginga since the 80's), let him rest!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

True that! I think they should get someone making an anime version, let him rest and watch how the movie versions turn out
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I personally think that GDW was him at his best, and after that the whole series started to go downhill. While I'm still interested to see where GDN goes, I agree that Yoshi needs to take a break and either wrap it up for good, or come up with something a bit more interesting.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I actually spoke about this manga not being so great in the post about it being a success, I said why didn't we just one last volume to wrap things up instead starting a new story? Because yeah, this thing getting boring now and it's still refusing to show what's going on with Bella and Koyuki and Weed and Kyoushiro are still very much out of character for me.
Last edited by Gingaddict on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: General Opinions on GDN

Post by Arano »

Kassified I've renamed this and your topic in GDW:O to an inclusive title so other people can contribute.

Please use descriptive titles going forward so people know what your topic is about :)
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

Critically Ginga as a whole isn't "good." I enjoy it a lot, but it's really just like junk food for me. That being said, I don't think this is the worst of the series in the world Yoshi has created. I much prefer it over TLW, which seemed much more redundant and mean-spirited. That being said, I actually feel that there's a strong attempt at character development here with the relationship between Orion and Noah/Hyena. I feel like its start was a little awkward, but so was GNGs. I'd probably rank it fourth out of the five Ginga series. I'm interested to see where things go.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

We're only 6 volumes in, so I'm not going to judge it critically yet. But from what I've been seeing, the newer characters and villains haven't developed enough...the series focuses a little too much on humor in more places than it should...and some characters have evolved whereas other characters have devolved. Yoshi and his staff seem to be making a lot of mistakes in the Goraku issues, from character design mishaps to typos and name changes, but I would forgive them as long as they fix those mistakes in the final manga issues.

Some things that I do like is Orion becoming more calm and less rude...a few past characters coming our of the void (Reika and her kids, Kagetora, etc.), and WAY LESS narration. I am very much looking forward to whatever Noah considers to be this "bigger demon," or whatever his visions or the asteroid in outer space is supposed to symbolize, so hopefully those will be revealed in future chapters/mangas.

Overall to me, it's mixed bag so far.
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I love the Ginga series. But GDN is just... not that great. :Koyukisweat: It was kinda confusing for me.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Um... Not that great..
Oooh boy..

The new villians were dumb and orion is sorta treated like some sort of Gary Stue.
It was just irritating

2/10
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Justarandomfan1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:06 am Um... Not that great..
Oooh boy..

The new villians were dumb and orion is sorta treated like some sort of Gary Stue.
It was just irritating

2/10
I agree with you on this one :derpgin:

But I do think that Akame's a Gary Stu
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

4townie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 pm
Justarandomfan1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:06 am Um... Not that great..
Oooh boy..

It was just irritating

2/10
I agree with you on this one :derpgin:

But I do think that Akame's a Gary Stu
Yea, guy is extremely old and is still jumping around, like omg...
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”