Akakabuto's Body

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mr Charisma
Potential
Potential
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 9:08 am
Location: India

Akakabuto's Body

Post by Mr Charisma » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:17 am

What happened to the giant bear's body after Gin decapitated him?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!

User avatar
Dragon
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Unova
Contact:

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Dragon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am

Maybe they had a feast after their long, difficult battle in the memory of the fallen soldiers and their victory. :FLY:
Image
Shigure+Izou
~Art by フコ on Pixiv~

User avatar
Mr Charisma
Potential
Potential
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 9:08 am
Location: India

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Mr Charisma » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 am

Dragon wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am
Maybe they had a feast after their long, difficult battle in the memory of the fallen soldiers and their victory. :FLY:
Or maybe they mummified him just like Riki to scare their opponents?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Digsu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:05 am

I agree with Dragon. They did have a lot of mouths to feed and, since it can get really cold in Ohu, especially in winter, the meat probably would have stayed edible for a while even if they couldn't eat him in one go.
Mr Charisma wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 am
Dragon wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:59 am
Maybe they had a feast after their long, difficult battle in the memory of the fallen soldiers and their victory. :FLY:
Or maybe they mummified him just like Riki to scare their opponents?
I think we would have seen his mummified corpse at some point if that was the case :THOT: It's not like they could have just hidden him somewhere like with Riki.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Raki
Upholder
Upholder
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Raki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 am

Or the humans took his body away with helicopter?
Image
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

User avatar
Morti
Champion
Champion
Posts: 3806
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: York, UK.

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Morti » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm

I just assumed that the dogs ate him
Best not waste that good bear meat just because he was foe
Just a panda lost in space
♥Gundam♥ ♥Megami Tensei♥ ♥Legend of the Galactic Heroes♥
♥Gloryhammer♥ ♥Dynasty Warriors♥




Please tell me about your characters!!

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Shining Sirius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm

I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

But, I suppose I headcanon that the dogs stripped him bare, chewed the bones until they got sick of them and then simply tossed them into the valley... would've been kinda cool if they'd kept Akakabuto's skull as a trophy though.
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :gama2:

User avatar
Dragon
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Unova
Contact:

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Dragon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm
I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

But, I suppose I headcanon that the dogs stripped him bare, chewed the bones until they got sick of them and then simply tossed them into the valley... would've been kinda cool if they'd kept Akakabuto's skull as a trophy though.
Man, if they kept his skull, theyd have proof of actually taking him down so people stopped doubting the story! D:
Image
Shigure+Izou
~Art by フコ on Pixiv~

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Shining Sirius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Dragon wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm
Shining Sirius wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm
I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

But, I suppose I headcanon that the dogs stripped him bare, chewed the bones until they got sick of them and then simply tossed them into the valley... would've been kinda cool if they'd kept Akakabuto's skull as a trophy though.
Man, if they kept his skull, theyd have proof of actually taking him down so people stopped doubting the story! D:
Ooh, I never thought about that. Though, knowing their luck, it probably would've been blown to dust in the detonation of Gajou... :tfw_bella1:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :gama2:

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Digsu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm
I personally what happened to Akakabuto's skeleton. Surely, bones that big belong in a museum. :akakabuto:

But, I suppose I headcanon that the dogs stripped him bare, chewed the bones until they got sick of them and then simply tossed them into the valley... would've been kinda cool if they'd kept Akakabuto's skull as a trophy though.
Okay this gave a weird idea but here goes:

In GDW, when GB and Weed see Gajou for the first time, they're struck by some sort of "ominous aura" emanating from there. I assume it was just foreshadowing Kaibutsu's presence and his desecration of the place, but what if it wasn't just him? What if, after the Ohu soldiers ate all of Akakabuto's flesh, they entombed the bones in Gajou (probably in the deepest, most rat-infested chamber they could find) because they wanted to keep a memento of their great victory but nobody could actually stand being around them?

And then ten years later things began to fall apart because, as it turns out, keeping the remains of your sworn enemy (who may or may not have been slightly demonic in nature) around can have some unwanted side-effects.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Rusty
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5675
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 pm
Location: UK

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Rusty » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm

I thought most dogs in the story hate bear meat? At least if they haven't had it before. I know some of them enjoy eating bear but I'm pretty sure they recoil at just the smell of it.

Most likely the humans took the corpse away since Gohei was there.
Image

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 4276
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Digsu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:29 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm
I thought most dogs in the story hate bear meat? At least if they haven't had it before. I know some of them enjoy eating bear but I'm pretty sure they recoil at just the smell of it.

Most likely the humans took the corpse away since Gohei was there.
A decent chunk of the army was made up of dogs known to hunt bears (the original pack led by Riki, Hakurou's soldiers, and presumably the Mutsu bros' army since they claimed that bear meat is a delicacy in Aomori) so even if not all of them were used to it, there would have been plenty of dogs willing to eat the meat.

Regarding humans taking the body away, Gohei expressly forbade people from setting foot in Futago Pass after Akakabuto's defeat (and it's implied he owned the land so he had the full legal right to do so), so I think it's unlikely humans had anything to do with the disappearance of Akakabuto's body.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
skinklegs
Potential
Potential
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by skinklegs » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Humans probably took it...somehow.

And if they didn't, all those dogs have to eat something. Even if they don't like bear meat, it beats starving to death!

User avatar
Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Wolpard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Honestly now I'm just thinking of the missed opportunity of Yoshi using Akakabuto's bones becoming apart of Gajou with some very interesting imagery.

Like just imagine there being a giant ribcage that the dogs walk through?

User avatar
Raki
Upholder
Upholder
Posts: 1484
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Raki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Wolpard wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm
Honestly now I'm just thinking of the missed opportunity of Yoshi using Akakabuto's bones becoming apart of Gajou with some very interesting imagery.

Like just imagine there being a giant ribcage that the dogs walk through?
Ohh yes! And his head at the top of gajou :tfw_sirius1:
Image
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

User avatar
Gingaddict
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:42 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Gingaddict » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 am

I think humans did indeed take it away, I mean didn't the manga at some point mention that Bear meat is not that easy or is too disgusting and too smelly to eat anyway?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

User avatar
Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1684
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Akakabuto's Body

Post by Wolpard » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:26 am

Gingaddict wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 am
I think humans did indeed take it away, I mean didn't the manga at some point mention that Bear meat is not that easy or is too disgusting and too smelly to eat anyway?
Yes and no. It's been said to be unappetizing but several of the dogs we know of that fought Akakabuto have/do eat bear eat.

Post Reply

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”