Weed's name?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Weed's name?

Post by Adams Angel »

AlaskanGingaFan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:33 am I feel like this needs to be a topic. Weed's name has two major issues. Has anyone else noticed how Weed is named after a drug, that is otherwise known as Marijuana? I mean, he might as well have been named 'pot'. :tfw_sirius3: I assume that Yoshi didn't realize that a weed was a name for a wild plant, but also something that gets ya' stoned :rigel4: Also, a weed is not a name for a prestigious and majestic wild plant, it's a name for annoying hobo plants who invade your garden. Weeds are horrible to deal with and impossible to get rid of sometimes. It's just always struck me as a very odd part of the franchise...
Gin is also named after alcohol! (Ik his name in Japanese is 'Silver' but in English 'Gin' is alcohol :surprisegin: )
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Dinah

Re: Weed's name?

Post by Dinah »

Yeah, I love GDW a lot but it can be awkward to introduce people to the series. "This dog's name is Weed and his father's name is Gin."

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”