Ranks

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ranks

Post by Raki »

Arano wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:32 pm
Raki wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:07 pm What kind of magazine was it? :tfw_bella2:
It had articles written by members, a fan art spotlight section, horoscopes, any events/special announcements etc.

I believe the 60th issue was the very last one: http://old.gingaboard.com/index9796.htm ... opic=19785 which contained a fraction of what it used to in its hay-day!
It ran for 8 years and was started by retired admin Flann, but was managed and run by Crystal and Musica. 8 years was a very good run :)
Ohh thank you for the information! :EXCITE: :bon1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Arano wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:53 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm
Arano wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:55 am

On the old board, Riki was a rank reserved for our member "magazine" account called 'The Ginga Guardian'. This magazine no longer exists so neither does Riki!
Could this magazine possibly return?
The magazine ended due to a gradual lack of interest, so I don't think it will come back. But never say never I guess?
Well, I am certainly interested in a Ginga magazine! But of course, there needs to be more people than just me.
Have a nice day!
WolfgangtheHusky

Post by WolfgangtheHusky »

The new ranks are looking fantastic!
:surprisegin:
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Could this magazine possibly return?
The magazine ended due to a gradual lack of interest, so I don't think it will come back. But never say never I guess?
Well, I am certainly interested in a Ginga magazine! But of course, there needs to be more people than just me.
I just stumbled upon this bc I was browsing around hehe, but I'd love to see this come back, or even have something similar started! It would be nice to have an event type manager and have monthly activities to do! :surprisegin:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

kahooton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 am

I just stumbled upon this bc I was browsing around hehe, but I'd love to see this come back, or even have something similar started! It would be nice to have an event type manager and have monthly activities to do! :surprisegin:
There actually is a new magazine project! Submissions for issue #1 are closed but people can still submit for issue #2
https://gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3006
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:54 am
kahooton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:46 am

There actually is a new magazine project! Submissions for issue #1 are closed but people can still submit for issue #2
https://gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3006
ooooH I'll be sure to submit something for issue 2 then! I completely missed issue 1 :rigel4:
davidefenara

Post by davidefenara »

Arano wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 pm Below is a breakdown of all the board ranks and what privileges they have, if any. Gold frames indicate board management, Silver frames are special regular member ranks, Gin-blue are regular member ranks and the black one... you don't want.

All ranks coloured by Kasi.

Admin and Moderator Ranks

ImageImageImage
Admin ranks: Gin, Hakurou and John

Current Administrators: Arano (Root Admin; board owner) Kasi and Crystal.
Administrators manage and make all the final decisions regarding the board and its members.

Moderator Rank: Akame

Current Moderators: Akame
Akame moderates the Fan Board.

Past Moderators: Musica, retired 2019.
Musica moderated the Fan Board and contributed to important Admin decisions. She started on the team by helping Crystal manage the Ginga Guardian online newspaper on the old forum.

Technician Rank: Cross

This is a special rank made for Regnant, who helped considerably with skinning the new forum and has admin level access to all the "backstage" bits and pieces (has no general forum duties). This board wouldn't exist without her help!

RPG Moderator Rank: Kurotora

Current Moderators: Astor and Gingastar.
RPG Moderators manage all aspects of the RPG section.

Special Regular Member Ranks
Ranks that are unique from the regular member ranks, but have no moderator capabilities or general forum duties.

Legend Rank: Tesshin

This rank was a perk purchasable from our 2017 Indiegogo campaign to move the board. It is thanks to the generosity of these members and other backing members (full list in the forum credits) that Ginga Board was able to move from an old broken forum to a new one. This rank is a locked rank and will never be obtainable outside of this campaign.

Translator Rank: Zion

Current holders: Chani, Dragon, fantachan, Kretari and Tsudog
This rank is a special token of thanks to members who have helped keep all our information up to date by bringing Finnish and Japanese translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's works to the board. This rank is open and obtainable by any member who contributes consistently in this way.

Regular Member Ranks
The set of ranks available to general members that change depending on post count. So far only one member of the board has broken the 10,000 mark...

Newbie: Pup Gin [0] > Recruit: Andy [50] > Potential: Bon [100] > Rookie: Kotetsu [200] > Friend: Sasuke [350]
ImageImageImageImageImage

Comrade: Kagetora [500] > Prodigy: Rigel [650] > Seasoned: George/Jouji [800] > Mentor: Sirius [1,000] > Upholder: Izou [1,250]

Fighter: Kyoushirou [1,550] > Soldier: Lydia [1,900] > Adviser: Yamabiko [2,300] > Defender: Rocket [2,800] > Champion: Orion [3,400]

Warrior: Jerome [4,200] > Victor: Yukimura [5,100] > Hero: Joe [6,000] > Supreme: Weed [8,000] > Veteran: Ben [10,000]

Unlucky Ranks

Restricted Access: Bob
This rank indicates the user is in a restricted access group. The administrators may choose to place a user in a custom restricted access if they are struggling to use the board correctly within the board rules.

Banned: Hougen
This rank indicates the user has been banned from the forum.
wow these look fantastic!!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arano wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 pm Below is a breakdown of all the board ranks and what privileges they have, if any. Gold frames indicate board management, Silver frames are special regular member ranks, Gin-blue are regular member ranks and the black one... you don't want.

All ranks coloured by Kasi.

Admin and Moderator Ranks

ImageImageImage
Admin ranks: Gin, Hakurou and John

Current Administrators: Arano (Root Admin; board owner) Kasi and Crystal.
Administrators manage and make all the final decisions regarding the board and its members.

Moderator Rank: Akame

Current Moderators: Akame
Akame moderates the Fan Board.

Past Moderators: Musica, retired 2019.
Musica moderated the Fan Board and contributed to important Admin decisions. She started on the team by helping Crystal manage the Ginga Guardian online newspaper on the old forum.

Technician Rank: Cross

This is a special rank made for Regnant, who helped considerably with skinning the new forum and has admin level access to all the "backstage" bits and pieces (has no general forum duties). This board wouldn't exist without her help!

RPG Moderator Rank: Kurotora

Current Moderators: Astor and Gingastar.
RPG Moderators manage all aspects of the RPG section.

Special Regular Member Ranks
Ranks that are unique from the regular member ranks, but have no moderator capabilities or general forum duties.

Legend Rank: Tesshin

This rank was a perk purchasable from our 2017 Indiegogo campaign to move the board. It is thanks to the generosity of these members and other backing members (full list in the forum credits) that Ginga Board was able to move from an old broken forum to a new one. This rank is a locked rank and will never be obtainable outside of this campaign.

Translator Rank: Zion

Current holders: Chani, Dragon, fantachan, Kretari and Tsudog
This rank is a special token of thanks to members who have helped keep all our information up to date by bringing Finnish and Japanese translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's works to the board. This rank is open and obtainable by any member who contributes consistently in this way.

Regular Member Ranks
The set of ranks available to general members that change depending on post count. So far only one member of the board has broken the 10,000 mark...

Newbie: Pup Gin [0] > Recruit: Andy [50] > Potential: Bon [100] > Rookie: Kotetsu [200] > Friend: Sasuke [350]

Comrade: Kagetora [500] > Prodigy: Rigel [650] > Seasoned: George/Jouji [800] > Mentor: Sirius [1,000] > Upholder: Izou [1,250]

Fighter: Kyoushirou [1,550] > Soldier: Lydia [1,900] > Adviser: Yamabiko [2,300] > Defender: Rocket [2,800] > Champion: Orion [3,400]

Warrior: Jerome [4,200] > Victor: Yukimura [5,100] > Hero: Joe [6,000] > Supreme: Weed [8,000] > Veteran: Ben [10,000]

Unlucky Ranks

Restricted Access: Bob
This rank indicates the user is in a restricted access group. The administrators may choose to place a user in a custom restricted access if they are struggling to use the board correctly within the board rules.

Banned: Hougen
This rank indicates the user has been banned from the forum.
Hey wow! I can even see the hamsters right here! :bon1:

Hiro is taking over for Kotetsu at this time? Didn’t know Hiro would be considered as a rookie. Lol

Poor Bob. He never got turned into a hamster. At least Hougen did! :P4:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:57 pm Hey wow! I can even see the hamsters right here! :bon1:

Hiro is taking over for Kotetsu at this time? Didn’t know Hiro would be considered as a rookie. Lol

I totally forgot about Bob! But nobody has that rank at the moment so it hardly matters.

And yes, Kotetsu didn't feature in Digsu's banners so a cute ballsnatcher is subbing in for him just because I like his design and nothing more, admin ruling! ;P
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:05 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:57 pm Hey wow! I can even see the hamsters right here! :bon1:

I totally forgot about Bob! But nobody has that rank at the moment so it hardly matters.

And yes, Kotetsu didn't feature in Digsu's banners so a cute ballsnatcher is subbing in for him just because I like his design and nothing more, admin ruling! ;P
pssst Arano the white hampter with tiny scars and blue neckerchief is Kotetsu

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:49 pm
Arano wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:05 pm

pssst Arano the white hampter with tiny scars and blue neckerchief is Kotetsu
Oh, I thought that was Zion because the scars are the same as his. For Kotetsu I was looking for the massive scars he has in GDWO like the rank 😅 my bad.
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Best April the 1st ever!
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I wouldn't even mind this change. :'D

Though it would be kind of a shame as I got Andy's ever-lovable mug under my profile pic just yesterday...
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Badly want a Riki rank since the old board had it :riki:
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

I'm impressed by the quality of the ranks' images!
And i think is a great system.
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

Phantom Riki wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:26 pm Badly want a Riki rank since the old board had it :riki:
That's true... why is there no Riki????
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

GingaDensetsuItalia wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:07 am
Phantom Riki wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:26 pm Badly want a Riki rank since the old board had it :riki:
That's true... why is there no Riki????
The Riki rank was used for the old board's "newspaper" account, the Ginga Guardian which used him as the logo. We kept it behind in case it came back but it didn't happen.

Return to “Main”