Account FAQs

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Account FAQs

Post by Arano »

Account FAQs

General FAQs to do with your GB account. For technical questions about the board please refer to this FAQ. If your question hasn't been answered or you are having trouble with something, please post in the Troubleshoot forum.

I've created an account but I can't log in straight away. What do I do?

Your account must be validated manually by me - Arano. I am not online all the time, so please give me at least 24 hours to do that for you. You should receive an email once validated (check your spam folder). If you don't receive one after a day, try logging in with the username and password you set.

If you still can't log in, there may be a problem. If so please post in the Guest Board with the username you signed up with (the quickest way to get my attention!), or email support@gingaboard.com and I will help you.

Please be patient and do not sign up with multiple accounts, you are only allowed one!

I've forgotten my password but I'm not getting the password recovery email. What do I do?

Please post in the Guest Board with the username you signed up with and explain this issue. I will then email you a temporary password to log in with. This will come from support@gingaboard.com and gingaboardrescue@gmail.com.
You will then be able to log in and change your password in the user control panel.

I have an old Ginga Board account that I would like to access, but can't remember the name or email. Can you help?

Yes, you can email support@gingaboard.com or post in the Guest Board. I can then help you access it.

I made a new account, but forgot I already had one! What are the options?

If you want to keep your new account:
- I can delete your old account with your permission. This can also include deleting all comments made by the account if it was recovered/registered after 2018.

If you want to gain access to your old account and use that instead:
Private message me the account details and I will reunite you! Once you have your old account, I can then delete your new account.
If you don't like your old accounts username name, I can change that for you as well (eg if you would like the name you used to create the new account).

Can I change my username?

Yes! Head over to the [url"viewtopic.php?t=1260"]Username Change topic.[/url]

I want to leave Ginga Board and delete my account.

If you are sure you want your account deleted, PM Arano to discuss when you would like your account deleted. Be certain you would like to do this as this action cannot be undone!

Return to “Main”