New Takahashi story is coming!

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem

What do you hope the new story will be?

A sequel to Ginga Densetsu Noah
50%
A new Ginga story separate from GDN (Gaiden)
30%
A stand alone story with completely new characters
20%

Total votes: 74

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

New Takahashi story is coming!

Post by Arano »

According to an interview published by https://www.hopeanuoli.com/ from the Kamppi event back in September, we will see the release of another story, the title of which should be revealed soon.

In the interview it is explained that although he would like to retire, the publishers say their Goraku magazine is not worth anything without him and to continue.

What are your thoughts about this? I've included a poll for fun for what you hope the next story will be.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New Takahashi story is coming!

Post by Noroi »

I’m hoping for a different story! If it does come out I can’t wait to read it! ^^
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

I'm excited for this new story! :bon1: Hopefully it will be another Ginga story and will be better than whatever GDN was :tfw_sirius1: But it'd still be good even if it isn't Ginga.
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I wonder if his bosses are being sincere when they claim that Yoshi is the most valuable contributor to the Goraku, or if they're just trying to flatter him so that he doesn't leave... :THOT:

On the one hand, I appreciate us getting more Ginga, but on the other, good grief just let this man retire already.

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

It's sad to hear that he would like to retire but is being pushed to keep going. He deserves to retire if that's what he wants.

While I would personally would like another gaiden, I think I want a sequel to Noah more. Especially to get the taste of whatever GDN was out of my mouth :jeromeder:

---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kin drawing by Sandatora
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Ooh, i hope it's a new Ginga story. and I hope there's no aliens, or anything batsh*t insane (zombies would be cool but only as a joke). A return to form is what it needs, something akin to the stories of GDW.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Exciting but it's a shame that Yoshi wants to retire and they won't let him :/

For my guess I'm leaning towards a Gaiden or something after GDN. I'm fine with anything, but I hope it's something after GDN with GDN retconned out like Yoshi did before but with the wolf arc XD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

As much as we want Takahashi-san to retire, I'm looking forward to this new story. I expect it to be a sequel to GDN. Just cut off the alien bullshit and kill off Jyoushiro as quickly as possible.

However, I would be up for a new Gaiden story. Just give us Ginga Densetsu Fuji and I'll be so damn happy. :triumph:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

Please just let this man retire already. GDN is proof that he's done with all this nonsense. I don't want the people at Goraku to lose their jobs, but the company is only prolonging the inevitable if what they say is true. I've been following Yoshi's content for years, so I'll at least skim whatever this is but good grief.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I'm hoping the publisher was exaggerating just to persuade Takahashi to work on just one more... A weekly magazine hinging on the content of one person is a failed magazine imo 😅

I'm with you guys he does deserve to retire, I thought all the 50th anniversary fun would be the perfect way to exit his career. But if he wants to give us one more, I'm excited for it.
Berrymutt
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Berrymutt »

As much as I am hoping and waiting for this man to retire I do hope if this new series goes off the rails then we get something cool like robot dogs or something
Number #1 fan of the Four Heavenly Kings Of Mutsu!
:minazuki: :kisaragi: :hazuki: :uzuki:
:izou: :shusaku: :kogoro: :saburo: :shintaro: :hichinosuke: :shinsaku:
twitter instagram bluesky tumblr
Icon and Signature art by Skinklegs
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Goraku can't survive without the dogs in it among the nsfw stuff? That's interesting.
I still remember when I I was in Japan and one sensei asked about Goraku, and I showed GDA chapter, that that's the why I buy this magazine XD

As much as I wish for Takahashi to be able to retire, this new I hope for a Gaiden rather them a follow up on Noah. Explore more characters. I still stand by my wish that Gin will die in the very last chapter overall of Ginga in Daisuke's arms, and reunite with his family, friends, and mate
Last edited by Tora on Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Wait what!? I totally missed this. I do hope it would be sequal to GDN but I don't know where they could take the story for it to be interesting.
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

There is little mention for the new series in this interview with him. https://ebookjapan.yahoo.co.jp/special/ ... _interview He is planning to continue Ginga for 2 or 3 more years and draw while he can. That must confirm new series is definitely Ginga?

Also a mention of thought process behind NOAH...
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Speaking of the eBook Japan interview, like I mentioned in the earlier topic for it, Yoshi claims that he prefers to draw all the dogs himself rather than let his assistants do it. There also an interview from March 2022 (so it was done when GDN was still ongoing) that I mentioned in Casual Chat a while back where he said this:
-Being a mangaka must be a vocation. Now, since you've reached your 50th year in the industry, is there anything you'd like to do in the future?

I don't know if it's because I've been drawing dog manga so much, but I'm not good at drawing human characters. (laughs) I can draw dogs effortlessly, but when it comes to humans, my hand just stops. However, in Ginga Densetsu Noah, the latest installment in the Ginga series, I want to explore the human character Daisuke more. Specifically, I want to create a romance for him. I think it's definitely something I want to do. However, since my works are also followed by children, I think my stories have to include morals and I shouldn't include any weird influences or anything like that.
GDN obviously didn't end up featuring any "Daisuke romance arc" subplots (and to this day I still can't even imagine how you could even fit a romance subplot in the latter half of GDN of all things), so I wonder if he still wants to do that? And if so, if it's going to feature in the next series?

The reason I brought up him preferring to draw all the dogs himself is that if he wants to retire already, could the next series maybe have less of a focus on dogs so he wouldn't have to work quite so insanely hard and he could let his assistants handle more stuff? Assuming the publisher would even be willing to let him make a more human-focused series, idk how well Dog Days ended up selling, but given how abruptly it ended I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't doing quite well enough for the publisher's liking.

Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

MORE SHIN GAIDEN TYPE OF STORIES PLEASE I AM BEGGING. I want origin stories and stories about other things we haven't seen in detail.
:masamune:
CoffieDog
Fighter
Fighter

Post by CoffieDog »

Digsu wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:06 pm
I don't know if it's because I've been drawing dog manga so much, but I'm not good at drawing human characters. (laughs) I can draw dogs effortlessly, but when it comes to humans, my hand just stops. However, in Ginga Densetsu Noah, the latest installment in the Ginga series, I want to explore the human character Daisuke more. Specifically, I want to create a romance for him. I think it's definitely something I want to do. However, since my works are also followed by children, I think my stories have to include morals and I shouldn't include any weird influences or anything like that.
GDN obviously didn't end up featuring any "Daisuke romance arc" subplots (and to this day I still can't even imagine how you could even fit a romance subplot in the latter half of GDN of all things), so I wonder if he still wants to do that? And if so, if it's going to feature in the next series?
GINGA DENSETSU DAISUKE :surprisegin:
Silver Arrow
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Silver Arrow »

this is exciting news! :D i hope we get more ginga!
Platina
Defender
Defender

Post by Platina »

I'm hoping it's a continuation of the Ginga series while hoping it's nothing left field like Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Platina wolf by me.
Elkhound

Post by Elkhound »

I think it would be really cool to see a story completely unrelated to the ginga characters, but that's definitely not very likely! I'm just excited for whatever comes out

EDIT: I just thought of this, but I think it would be cool to see dogs contract rabies in one of his stories
Last edited by Elkhound on Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”