New Takahashi story is coming!

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem

What do you hope the new story will be?

A sequel to Ginga Densetsu Noah
50%
A new Ginga story separate from GDN (Gaiden)
30%
A stand alone story with completely new characters
20%

Total votes: 74

Cocoalings

Re: New Takahashi story is coming!

Post by Cocoalings »

I personally think a Gaiden featuring Gin's siblings ("Hiya-n" and "Giyan") would be sick as hell. They never uttered a word, were just instantly deemed to be useless, never even received proper names, and they were never mentioned again after the first few chapters / episodes in GNG. How do they feel about being "inferior" to Gin? Did they ever learn about hunting, or did they become show dogs / house pets like Daisuke said they'd be better suited for? Whatever became of Fuji? I just think a lot of interesting themes and character arcs could be explored, Hiya-n and Giyan need some love.
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:
:yukimura: :uzuki: :koushirou: :hiyan: :giyan: :mangariki: :gin: :smith: :kagetora: :ken: :gb: :george: :benizakura: :bella: :akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :moss: :kaibutsu: :joe: :hazuki: :great: :fuji: :aka: :mel: :yamato: :ryo: :rigel: :lonelyron: :jumbo:
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

Elkhound wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:34 pm EDIT: I just thought of this, but I think it would be cool to see dogs contract rabies in one of his stories
Holy heck YES. That is a great idea actually. TWD but in Ginga. :tfw_rigel3:
:masamune:
Syl16
Potential
Potential

Post by Syl16 »

Maybe a character that we have seen before, or hadn't much appereances. Something related to the Ohu army and main characters.
nakkiperuna
Recruit
Recruit

Post by nakkiperuna »

I feel like the manga would benefit from a soft reboot if anything. Ginga has always been weird but Noah really took the cake with aliens and gods and whatnot. I hope something fun will come. Maybe this time Orion's kids or something. I would prefer a soft reboot that would just make Noah into non canon material. I don't think we can get better from there. What would be next? We fought gods with the military. Just make it something like Weed or Gin.
Check out my new video https://youtu.be/ACiJJt5DkgE

Just your average enjoyer of manga and anime
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Has the title for the new story been revealed yet?
Last edited by Adams Angel on Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

4townie wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:19 pm Has the new title for the story been revealed yet?
Not yet, as far as we know. We haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully it will be revealed by the end of the year or at the start of the new year.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Mixed feelings about this. Feels bad if Takahashi is continuing against his will, and I'm not looking forward to any more meandering storylines that go nowhere, or characters the fade into the void. Buuuuut I'd be happy to read some Ginga if he's had time to rest and cook up a more coherent story, or if it's a collection of more down-to-earth stories that have no time to dissolve into whatever was going on with Noah.

Either way, I hope it's more grounded in reality than Noah was. ..But also maybe not as based on realism as Dog Days lmao, I don't think I could take another dose of such levels of feels bad man.
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Hoping this new story, if it is Ginga (or not), won't be the shitshow that GDN was.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I had a dream last night that the dogs ended up on Mars in the next story. Hopefully it's more grounded in reality than that 0_o
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Shiruba wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:45 pm I had a dream last night that the dogs ended up on Mars in the next story. Hopefully it's more grounded in reality than that 0_o
It's a sign :derpgin:
Troyo7

Post by Troyo7 »

I would love to see another ginga story that has a happy and complete ending but it is already a lot of effort for Takahashi and he has already said that he wants to retire but the editors won't stop him from being like that so others can't follow his work
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

New series is called "Ginga Densetsu: Requiem"

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/statu ... 6ec-A&s=19
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Tora wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:45 am New series is called "Ginga Densetsu: Requiem"

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/statu ... 6ec-A&s=19
So it begins. It even says that it will be the Ginga finale. I hope it is, then. Just finish it off with a bang this time.

On another note...what the hell is going on with Rocket's face on that cover??? :derpgin:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Oh wow that is an excellent title. Requiem... I wonder if we are going to be hit with some big character deaths.

I made a new forum and started an official spoiler topic, so I will close this topic now!
viewtopic.php?t=4934

Also the poll reflects 50% of you were right in guessing it would be a GDN sequel :orion3:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”