Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Adams Angel »

fantachan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm My prediction (and hope) is that this Rei character is going to be a one-off character. There's no way Yoshi is going to try and make use of a character design so uncreative...
Same. I hope she won't become an actual character in the series...
Shiruba wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm I won't lie, I thought that Rei was Koyuki at first. I'm calling it that she'll be either Rigel or Orion's mate by the end of the series. I'm hoping too that she has some extra colour on her, maybe some sandy colour or something would be nice. Maybe when the book gets released Yoshi will change her colour?
Probably not. If Orion or Rigel ever got a mate then I was hoping she would a different species or at least have a different color. Maybe even a red-brown dog like Fuji... :tfw_aokabuto1:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

4townie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm
fantachan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm My prediction (and hope) is that this Rei character is going to be a one-off character. There's no way Yoshi is going to try and make use of a character design so uncreative...
Same. I hope she won't become an actual character in the series...
Shiruba wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm I won't lie, I thought that Rei was Koyuki at first. I'm calling it that she'll be either Rigel or Orion's mate by the end of the series. I'm hoping too that she has some extra colour on her, maybe some sandy colour or something would be nice. Maybe when the book gets released Yoshi will change her colour?
Probably not. If Orion or Rigel ever got a mate then I was hoping she would a different species or at least have a different color. Maybe even a red-brown dog like Fuji... :tfw_aokabuto1:
I've been hoping that Orion will soon have a girlfriend/future wife who is a brown and white Akita Inu that resembles Fuji (Gin's mother, not the Fuji that is mentioned in the latest chapter), and I still hope for that to happen.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Thanks Vanille and Digsu! :tfw_bella2:
SPOILER
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kin drawing by Sandatora
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

At first I got excited that's Koyuki, but no, yet ANOTHER white female??? Why???
:masamune:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I doubt the book version would recolor her. At best I could see her getting the Ron treatment where she just suddenly gets darker in later chapters, but I'm not exactly holding my breath on that.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Derry wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm At first I got excited that's Koyuki, but no, yet ANOTHER white female??? Why???
Same! My heart raced until I read Fanta's comment saying the dog probably isn't Koyuki... :EMPTY: (comment below)
fantachan wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:11 pm Thanks vanille!
That's probably not Koyuki in the last panel. If she was, Rigel would've recognized her instantly. She's referred to as "Rei" by the human walking her.

She also looks like a pretty big breed on the next to last page, but that may be a sizing error...[/spoiler]
Heck, when I was posting stuff for the image gallery, I thought she was Koyuki and named the topic for her ''Koyuki'' until I saw Fanta's comment :surprisegin:
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

No effin' wonder people get Koyuki and Rei mixed since the two are exact copies of each other, down to their collars :jeromeder: oh, wait, wow, there's a miniscule difference between the collars, wow /s
:chutora: Henlo
katastrofipiski

Post by katastrofipiski »

Maan i was so hyped to see Koyuki after all this time but noo <//3 please dont stick around random white girl
If she does end up becoming an actual character and someones love interest id love to see her design changed somewhat, please get scars or something bwaaaaa
Razzoruu
Friend
Friend

Post by Razzoruu »

Ngl I thought that was Koyuki at first.. If she ends up being someone's mate I hope she gets some scars or gets rid of her collar. There's no way we would be able to tell her and Koyuki apart. But if Koyuki never appears that won't be a problem I guess :tfw_orion1:
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

Are there any females with scars in Ginga?
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Wisp wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:45 am Are there any females with scars in Ginga?
If we go by technicalities, in Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru the titular Jiromaru's mother Yuki loses a leg before dying from her injuries.
(But then again, if I recall correctly that story was not meant to be a Ginga story and the Ginga tie-ins were there by the publisher's command)
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

YamaDora wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:31 am
(But then again, if I recall correctly that story was not meant to be a Ginga story and the Ginga tie-ins were there by the publisher's command)
As much as like GDATJ, I feel like all the Ginga tie-ins in that story are just for cash grabs :KRUMP:
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

If we go by technicalities, in Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru the titular Jiromaru's mother Yuki loses a leg before dying from her injuries.
I would have counted it. Even Fang or Yamato counts. Any of his works. But her leg didn't get to scar, did it... :bon3: So injury, not scar.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Wisp wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:49 pm
I would have counted it. Even Fang or Yamato counts. Any of his works. But her leg didn't get to scar, did it... :bon3: So injury, not scar.
Scars are also injuries that leave a mark on the body. I think losing a limb very much counts.
(There is also the silly little exchange between Ken and Kagetora written in the infobook Meishōbu Retsuden where they argue who has the most impressive scars, and they conclude that Smith is the winner because he lost a leg)
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

YamaDora wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:18 am
Wisp wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:49 pm
Scars are also injuries that leave a mark on the body. I think losing a limb very much counts.
(There is also the silly little exchange between Ken and Kagetora written in the infobook Meishōbu Retsuden where they argue who has the most impressive scars, and they conclude that Smith is the winner because he lost a leg)
I mean it didn't get to scar before she died. Wound didn't heal. She didn't get to live with her leg like Smith has.
TofuSui

Post by TofuSui »

Thank you to Digsu and vanille! This rei character sees interesting :bon1:
AkameSan

Post by AkameSan »

New ginga story? I haven't really been on GB so I'll have to catch up on requiem to see what this is about.
Flimyflam

Post by Flimyflam »

I honestly do not have a problem with Rei, but would be interesting to see a different breed of dog as a mate for Orion or Rigel
Silver Arrow
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Silver Arrow »

Flimyflam wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:06 am I honestly do not have a problem with Rei, but would be interesting to see a different breed of dog as a mate for Orion or Rigel
I agree
Silver Arrow
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Silver Arrow »

If Orion or RIgel had a mate I would like to see her resemble Fuji but we all know that is not gonna happen. one can dream XD

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”