Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Adams Angel »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:25 pm I’m not liking these out of nowhere butt hole shots.

Am I the only one who isn’t bothered if Orion turns up? The moment he does it will all be like ‘save us Orion!’ Or ‘He’s the one who can save us now!’ Rendering everyone useless and no focus will be on anyone else
You are not the only one. I will obviously be happy if Orion shows up :D
Tsukitora wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 am It’s all good Vanille, thanks for the chapter! <3

Ch13 thoughts (post-translation):
• Oh? The pitbull-looking boss (I’mma call him Pit Boss) that tricked Weed’s group in the first place? I guess his boss is Masachika, then!
I think that dog you're describing is Ryuu, no? :derpgin:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

4townie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:38 pm
Tsukitora wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:17 am It’s all good Vanille, thanks for the chapter! <3

• Oh? The pitbull-looking boss (I’mma call him Pit Boss) that tricked Weed’s group in the first place? I guess his boss is Masachika, then!
I think Tsukitora meant this guy.

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Digsu wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:40 pm
4townie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:38 pm

I think Tsukitora meant this guy.
Ah. My bad then. My brain isn't working today :yama1:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:22 pm Sneak peek images of Chapter 13.
A lot of funny legs lmao
:masamune:
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

So many so unflattering drawings of dogs with limbs spread like a starfish, oh dear.

I’m expecting Orion will show up to save everyone, but hoping he won’t. I feel like anything would be more interesting that the main character materializing out of thin air to smack the bad guys.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Another possibility I can think of is that Masachika gets attacked by whoever or whatever killed those two guys.

I'm still not totally convinced Masachika didn't just kill them himself so he could pin the blame on the Ohu army (which probably wouldn't make much sense, since they were planning to kill them all to begin with, but whatever, it's Ginga, making sense is totally optional), but I guess that would be less trite than Orion swooping in out of nowhere. Though if it does turn out to be some other third party, I could see that making things a bit confusing since we've already got so much going on (the bear in Hokkaido, the Kama Clones' plot, Gin's retirement, Orion's disappearance).

Unless, of course, it somehow manages to be both, and Orion shows up to beat up Masachika but it also turns out that he's the one who killed the two goons because, idk, he got amnesia and reverted to his violent anti-hero persona or something.

Or maybe it's another bear. Or some renegade Kama Cousin who turned against his relatives and is fighting against them instead of helping them. Or maybe it's some supernatural weirdness again and the goons got attacked by a goddamn werewolf or something. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Just had a thought. If it's probably not Orion who knocked off those two subordinates, and it supposedly wasn't Masachika (It would literally make to sense if he killed his own), what if it was Akakama and Kurokama?

Not sure if it makes sense geographically because I lost track of the locations in the story already. XD
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

fantachan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm Just had a thought. If it's probably not Orion who knocked off those two subordinates, and it supposedly wasn't Masachika (It would literally make to sense if he killed his own), what if it was Akakama and Kurokama?

Not sure if it makes sense geographically because I lost track of the locations in the story already. XD
The last time we saw the Kama Bros, they were at Sirius's grave at the shore of Sea of Japan and then ran into Rigel and the others heading to Hokkaido. So I think they should be somewhere in northern Honshu right now? Meanwhile Rocket and the others are still in Gunma.

I'm not totally sure how much time has passed, but I don't think they could have made it from Aomori/Akita to Gunma this fast. Unless of course they hitched a ride in a truck or something, as dogs in Ginga like to do.

fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:10 pm
fantachan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm Just had a thought. If it's probably not Orion who knocked off those two subordinates, and it supposedly wasn't Masachika (It would literally make to sense if he killed his own), what if it was Akakama and Kurokama?

The last time we saw the Kama Bros, they were at Sirius's grave at the shore of Sea of Japan and then ran into Rigel and the others heading to Hokkaido. So I think they should be somewhere in northern Honshu right now? Meanwhile Rocket and the others are still in Gunma.

I'm not totally sure how much time has passed, but I don't think they could have made it from Aomori/Akita to Gunma this fast. Unless of course they hitched a ride in a truck or something, as dogs in Ginga like to do.
Yeah that's what I figured. I guess that would've worked out too well. :tfw_aokabuto1:

Welp, let's see what happens in the next few chapters.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

…so those subordinates aren’t a couple of the ones Kotetsu and Sasuke dragged down with them? :yama1: am confoozle
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Wondering about the possibilities of who killed the two goons, do we have a confirmation that all the kamakiri-clones are working together? I did a cursory re-read and it looks like Masachika has talked about having allies at one point, but has it been stated somewhere they’re all in cahoots?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:03 pm …so those subordinates aren’t a couple of the ones Kotetsu and Sasuke dragged down with them? :yama1: am confoozle
They are the two dogs Kotetsu and Sasuke brought down with them (there was a third one, but he died from the fall). They survived the fall and ran off, but something killed them before Rocket could catch them. The mystery right now isn't who they are, it's who killed them.

Or at least that's what I assume you're confused about? :bon3:

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:19 pm
Tsukitora wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:03 pm …so those subordinates aren’t a couple of the ones Kotetsu and Sasuke dragged down with them? :yama1: am confoozle
They are the two dogs Kotetsu and Sasuke brought down with them (there was a third one, but he died from the fall). They survived the fall and ran off, but something killed them before Rocket could catch them. The mystery right now isn't who they are, it's who killed them.

Or at least that's what I assume you're confused about? :bon3:
I thought they might have managed to run some ways out of sheer adrenaline to report to Masachika what happened before collapsing from their fall injuries is all X'D
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

vanille
Translator
Translator

Post by vanille »

Chapter 14~
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Worked on this one as fast as I could to make up for last week 🤭
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

Thank you Vanille!!

Is that Koyuki on the last page???
:chutora: Henlo
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Thank you for the chapter, vanille! :tfw_bella2:

Initial reaction:
What the hell are Jerome and Masachika whispering about?

OMG, it's a miracle! A boar has rescued the Ou soldiers! A new hero has risen! :EXCITE:

Oh, it was actually chased by a human with a gun. I would initially call the Kamakiri Bastard clone and his thugs cowards, but they're actually smart to run away and avoid getting blasted.

And there goes Jerome's group continuing the chase.

The Kama Bros speak with Shusaku, and I wonder what the brief conversation is. What the hell are the Bros up to...?

Looks like Ram has led Rigel's group back to his old farm. Now they can relax and enjoy themselves for a while before taking on a rampaging bear.

...There is no way in hell that is Koyuki. Because how the hell would she even end up in Hokkaido to begin with. What the frick are we getting here now? Even MORE pure white female Kishu Inus for main characters to fall in love with?! :bon3: :EMPTY:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Thanks vanille!

Phew, I'm glad they didn't go with the cliche Orion comes to save the day. Just a hunter struggling to kill a boar.

Akakamakiri seems to confirm to Shuusaku about the bear situation in Hokkaido. Kurokama even says that Rigel knows the Ningatou, so all's good. Yeah, sure. One swipe of the head and it'll all be over, Kurokama. :tfw_rigel1:

That's probably not Koyuki in the last panel. If she was, Rigel would've recognized her instantly. She's referred to as "Rei" by the human walking her.

She also looks like a pretty big breed on the next to last page, but that may be a sizing error...
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

Goshdarn, even the slightest change on the white female kishu waifu -pattern would be welcome, turning her at least into akita or something like that :EMPTY:
:chutora: Henlo
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Here's the translation!
SPOILER

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Thanks Vanille! <3

Ch14 thoughts (pre-translation):
SPOILER
edit: ope- Digsu had it ready while I was looking!
Post-translation thoughts:
SPOILER
Last edited by Tsukitora on Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Cammi!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”