GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Leomonade »

Tora wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:42 pm
Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 pm
Tora wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:45 pm I've been wondering about that crocodile in vol 53 (and partly talked about by humans/narrator in vol 54)... In Ginga Yondai, it's says "日文会のワニ" (hifumikai no wani) meaning the "crocodile of Hifumikai" or something. But what is Hifumikai?
I guess Hifumi is the name of the crime syndicate whose boss owned the crocodile, with the "kai" at the end basically being a suffix that means "group" or something like that. In volume 53, the owner of the crocodile is identified as "leader of the widespread crime syndicate Hifumi" (広域暴力団 日文会会長).

Thank you! What does it says in Finnish, btw?
They don't even give the group a name. It just says "a criminal organization"...
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

What is this Weed plushie?

(pic taken from this Mercari lot)

It was apparently a prize for some sort of raffle, with 500 being given out in total, but I've never seen this particular plush (apparently called "Weed deluxe plushie") show up anywhere else. Is it some super-obscure Weed plush or is the plush in the image just an early version/prototype of the promo Weed since it looks kind of similar?

kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Digsu wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:45 pm What is this Weed plushie?

It was apparently a prize for some sort of raffle, with 500 being given out in total, but I've never seen this particular plush (apparently called "Weed deluxe plushie") show up anywhere else. Is it some super-obscure Weed plush or is the plush in the image just an early version/prototype of the promo Weed since it looks kind of similar?
I've never seen this guy before either :THOT: then again I'm not too into collecting things, so I have no idea where he came from. :rigel4: He is quite cute though!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

THAT FACE. :EXCITE:
I've never seen him before though. Strange...

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Ohh I've never seen him before 👀
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I've never seen it before, but the face reminds me of the polite cat meme XD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Sandatora wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:00 pm

I've never seen it before, but the face reminds me of the polite cat meme XD

omgg best ever :tfw_rigel1:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

A very cool what if question.
What if Benizakura survived and somehow managed to stay alive till P4 attack? I know he was 10 years old in GNG but Moss was too.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Phantom Riki wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:28 pm A very cool what if question.
What if Benizakura survived and somehow managed to stay alive till P4 attack? I know he was 10 years old in GNG but Moss was too.
I think it depends a bit how well he would have aged. I don't think he would have been as strong at that point because his age but still capable to fight :tfw_aokabuto1:
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Jinto wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Phantom Riki wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:28 pm A very cool what if question.
I think it depends a bit how well he would have aged. I don't think he would have been as strong at that point because his age but still capable to fight :tfw_aokabuto1:
Who knows? Benizakura was called the strongest male on earth. His strength even exceeded Moss's. And Moss was pretty good in the battle vs Hougen's army.
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

When exactly did Gin and Akame find out about John's death? Was there ever a scene of them actually being told? I don't remember.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

OreozFox wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:08 am When exactly did Gin and Akame find out about John's death? Was there ever a scene of them actually being told? I don't remember.
No, there is no such scene. I suppose Gin heard about it very soon afterwards (Hougen would have presumably told him just to torment him some more) while Akame could have heard about it either while eavesdropping on Hougen sometime after he arrived in Ohu or after he reunited with Weed's group, but that's just my guess.

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

OreozFox wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:08 am When exactly did Gin and Akame find out about John's death? Was there ever a scene of them actually being told? I don't remember.
I think Gin might have guessed it when Smith's and John's spirits came to support him to escape if I remember correctly from the manga. I'm not sure about Akame but they probably told him but we just didn't get to see it
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Jinto wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:38 am
I think Gin might have guessed it when Smith's and John's spirits came to support him to escape if I remember correctly from the manga. I'm not sure about Akame but they probably told him but we just didn't get to see it
I think so too!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Gin knew or at least assumed that John was already dead by that point, since his response to John and Smith "visiting" him is a surprised "John and Smith! You're alive...?!". No idea how he knew/assumed Smith was dead, though.

OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

Digsu wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:13 pm
Gin knew or at least assumed that John was already dead by that point, since his response to John and Smith "visiting" him is a surprised "John and Smith! You're alive...?!". No idea how he knew/assumed Smith was dead, though.
Maybe Gin didn't know Smith survived being hit by the car that made him lose his leg?? Although idk how he would've heard about that either
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Where can I find the instrumental version of GDW soundtrack " The Brave and The Fearless" which plays when Smith jumps off the cliff in episode 4.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

A question for Norwegian people!

Did the DVD get released there or just in Denmark that also had Norwegian subtitles as well?

If in Norwegian, what was the name? Was it "Weed - Silver Fangs sønn" as the Danish one? (sorry for mixing up spelling of Norwegian and Danish...)
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Nate

Post by Nate »

I think yes
Nate

Post by Nate »

He was just a good boy

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”