(Poll) Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

Takeda Gohei
40%
Daisuke
40%
Hidetoshi
20%

Total votes: 30

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Re: (Poll) Which one of the main humans in GNG is your favorite?

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 am
skinklegs wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:07 am Hidetoshi, I guess? I don't really like Gohei or Daisuke that much, so Hidetoshi's all that's left.

Daisuke annoys me (granted I'm only familiar with him in GNG) and Gohei's definitely got his purpose but it's hard for me to genuinely like anybody who kicks dogs and clubs puppies lol.
Well, Gin still loves Gohei (the end of the manga), and Gohei clearly loves Gin as well. As long as they could get along well, then I don't care about the harsh training anymore. I mean, Gin is probably very glad for the harsh training, since now he can do a lot of stuff that most other dogs can't (like swimming underwater), and that's pretty neat.
I think that from the moment when Gin saved Daisuke from the chasm (one of my favorite Ginga scenes ever) Gohei started consistently to treat him with warmth, even if the training went on. I mean after the rescue he hugged Gin, much to the surprise of the others. One of the guys even says in the Nordic dubs that he has never seen Gohei do that. It was a standout moment for Gin's strength and sense of loyalty.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

WolfKing wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:37 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 am
skinklegs wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:07 am Hidetoshi, I guess? I don't really like Gohei or Daisuke that much, so Hidetoshi's all that's left.

Daisuke annoys me (granted I'm only familiar with him in GNG) and Gohei's definitely got his purpose but it's hard for me to genuinely like anybody who kicks dogs and clubs puppies lol.
Well, Gin still loves Gohei (the end of the manga), and Gohei clearly loves Gin as well. As long as they could get along well, then I don't care about the harsh training anymore. I mean, Gin is probably very glad for the harsh training, since now he can do a lot of stuff that most other dogs can't (like swimming underwater), and that's pretty neat.
I think that from the moment when Gin saved Daisuke from the chasm (one of my favorite Ginga scenes ever) Gohei started consistently to treat him with warmth, even if the training went on. I mean after the rescue he hugged Gin, much to the surprise of the others. One of the guys even says in the Nordic dubs that he has never seen Gohei do that. It was a standout moment for Gin's strength and sense of loyalty.
It was a standout moment. It was also the moment where Daisuke and Gin made their bond of friendship. Ir was proof that they would do anything for each other. Sacrifice themself for each other, break their limits for each other, help each other, etc. It was a very powerful moment.
Have a nice day!
Iga

Post by Iga »

Judging solely on GNG it would be Hidetoshi, though I wasn't really a fan of any of the humans. Gohei in particular, I get that in order to train a hunting dog, especially if it's going to be against bears, it's going to be rough. But Gohei - to me - walked the line between training and straight out animal abuse, which gives me a bad taste in my mouth. The ending of GNG, with him dying while hugging Gin, was sad though.

Daisuke just annoyed me in GNG. He's a kid, so I get that he's going to be immature for that reason alone, but I still couldn't really stand him. That said, he did turn around for me in GDW, and I actually greatly preferred him to Hidetoshi. Which would make him - easily - my favourite human character.

But in GNG Hidetoshi kinda just wins by default. I didn't really have any strong feelings towards him either way.
:yukimura: :benizakura: :john: :akame: :aram:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Iga wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:03 pm Judging solely on GNG it would be Hidetoshi, though I wasn't really a fan of any of the humans. Gohei in particular, I get that in order to train a hunting dog, especially if it's going to be against bears, it's going to be rough. But Gohei - to me - walked the line between training and straight out animal abuse, which gives me a bad taste in my mouth. The ending of GNG, with him dying while hugging Gin, was sad though.

Daisuke just annoyed me in GNG. He's a kid, so I get that he's going to be immature for that reason alone, but I still couldn't really stand him. That said, he did turn around for me in GDW, and I actually greatly preferred him to Hidetoshi. Which would make him - easily - my favourite human character.

But in GNG Hidetoshi kinda just wins by default. I didn't really have any strong feelings towards him either way.
I love Daisuke, just because he is a good character from a teenagers perspective. As a teenager, I have bad humor, and love silly things (Unless it's my parents) XD. Therefore, he is just perfect, but Gohei is still my favorite from GNG.
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Definitely Daisuke, I think he's the ideal owner for Gin as well as being the only kid on his age level. Also as an adult, he still remains loyal to Gin and cares for the Ohu dogs ten times more than any other human does and supports them even when they get accused for crimes. I also relate to Daisuke on a personal level!

I don't have any feelings for Hidetoshi but I don't like him for his actions against Tokimune and Tony.

As for Gohei, I get where he's coming from but I've seen characters like him before and he just didn't win me over
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:59 am Definitely Daisuke, I think he's the ideal owner for Gin as well as being the only kid on his age level. Also as an adult, he still remains loyal to Gin and cares for the Ohu dogs ten times more than any other human does and supports them even when they get accused for crimes. I also relate to Daisuke on a personal level!

I don't have any feelings for Hidetoshi but I don't like him for his actions against Tokimune and Tony.

As for Gohei, I get where he's coming from but I've seen characters like him before and he just didn't win me over
Do you ever have that feeling that whenever you see Daisuke, you just feel happy every time? I don't know where this feeling is from, but I have it.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Daisuke, cause I think he and Gin's relationship is super sweet.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:12 am Daisuke, cause I think he and Gin's relationship is super sweet.
I think it's powerful, wonderful, sweet, adorable, great, unbreakable, unbeatable (as in no one can beat them when they are together), and it was inevitable/unavoidable:)
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 am
Wolpard wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:12 am Daisuke, cause I think he and Gin's relationship is super sweet.
I think it's powerful, wonderful, sweet, adorable, great, unbreakable, unbeatable (as in no one can beat them when they are together), and it was inevitable/unavoidable:)
No better way of describing their relationship/bond. Their chemistry is just flawless, and it would be awesome to see him and Gin together in a action scene as a call-back to their bear hunting scene from GNG. They are a great Action Duo.

Daisuke's friendship with the Ou army as a whole is amazing and gives a good feeling, especially when some of them don't even know him very well and yet are really comfortable around him. In GDW vol 48 (the first Gin and Daisuke reunion in years) is a great example. Then there's vol 60 (the last one) where we see how well he bonds with dogs. I just wish this would be reality, the world would be just a little bit better place
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:07 am
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 am
No better way of describing their relationship/bond. Their chemistry is just flawless, and it would be awesome to see him and Gin together in a action scene as a call-back to their bear hunting scene from GNG. They are a great Action Duo.

Daisuke's friendship with the Ou army as a whole is amazing and gives a good feeling, especially when some of them don't even know him very well and yet are really comfortable around him. In GDW vol 48 (the first Gin and Daisuke reunion in years) is a great example. Then there's vol 60 (the last one) where we see how well he bonds with dogs. I just wish this would be reality, the world would be just a little bit better place
At least there is people out there who have been able to bond with animals, both pet animals, and wild animals. I don't know how they do it, but I would love to be able to approach an animal without them running away when I'm 1 kilometer away XD
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I choose Daisuke because he’s a fun and adventurous kid. He’s also courageous and is willing to fight fear.

He also has the special and lovely relationship with Gin. I think they are sweet best friends. They love and protect each other. It was sad to see them part ways after Akakabuto’s defeat. But they still have each other in their hearts.

I like Gohei. But even though he was the one who made Gin into a strong bearhound dog, Daisuke was Gin’s real owner. The bond that Daisuke has with Gin was never going to be torn apart. And despite being separated, they are still best friends.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Spirit Tree wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:11 pm I choose Daisuke because he’s a fun and adventurous kid. He’s also courageous and is willing to fight fear.

He also has the special and lovely relationship with Gin. I think they are sweet best friends. They love and protect each other. It was sad to see them part ways after Akakabuto’s defeat. But they still have each other in their hearts.

I like Gohei. But even though he was the one who made Gin into a strong bearhound dog, Daisuke was Gin’s real owner. The bond that Daisuke has with Gin was never going to be torn apart. And despite being separated, they are still best friends.
It’s sad that Gin had such harsh training. I wonder if Gin himself even think it was worth. His puppyhood was wasted and was remplaced with training, but he still loved Gohei. Besides, he has achieved a few things XD And how would his life have been if he wasn’t the dog that was chosen for Gohei’s training? It’s always fun to think about:)
Have a nice day!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

I could honestly vote for anyone of them. Even though Daisuke is Gin's partner and Gohee has made Gin like the most talented dog in the series, my female self wanted to vote for Hidetoshi, because he's HOT
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Nuulo27 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:25 pm I could honestly vote for anyone of them. Even though Daisuke is Gin's partner and Gohee has made Gin like the most talented dog in the series, my female self wanted to vote for Hidetoshi, because he's HOT
Well, we have our reasons XD
Have a nice day!
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Gohei, duh. I have such a soft spot for him tbh. I don't exactly condone his harsh training with the bearhounds but I like him for his attitude: tough and stoic. His personality, specifically the stoic part, reminds me of myself.
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”